Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

As he always does.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Last weekend Monique and Simon did the same standing opener as the weekday edition.

4 Likes

I saw a promo this afternoon for next week, promoting that “Undercover Koch” will be revealed on Monday.

If anyone can find the video and explain what they are talking about, that would be great. Obviously, trying to combat viewers having a look at Today’s refresh.

7 Likes

Saw that promo just before. Maybe Kochie will go into small businesses in dusguise then offer financial support.

6 Likes

3AW mentioned this morning that Michael Usher will takeover Weekend Sunrise and host Friday. Has this been announced anywhere else? I can’t find another source.

10 Likes

Fantastic if true…but I wonder where that leaves Sydney 6pm.

6 Likes

Very interesting. Almost every article I read was picking Basil Zempilas as the replacement.

I haven’t watched Michael host the show yet, but I’m curious to know whether he actually suits it? I wouldn’t have thought so - he comes across as too “newsy” to me. Happy to be corrected though.

4 Likes

That’s a shame as it means Ferguson isn’t going anywhere.

5 Likes

Maybe he could do both?

1 Like

Knowing Seven, they’d probably get an average presenter like Chris Reason or Robert Ovadia to read Sydney’s news on Friday & Saturday nights if Michael Usher was to leave that position to focus on Friday & Weekend Sunrise!

I suppose that’s a possibility, but would Michael Usher really want to do that on a regular basis?

2 Likes

Possibly, but I’m really thinking longer term. If Usher is being lined up to replace Kochie then that pretty much rules him out as a replacement for Ferguson.

Just get Bathie back already please. Or Ann Sanders (probably a more realistic option).

6 Likes

I am not sure how I feel about this. Don’t get me wrong, him and Angela Cox a few weekends ago were fabulous but with Mon, I think it will be a bit :sleeping:.

As for Seven News, I think Musher will continue for a while. They may even move Fergo to Thursday - Saturday nights…

2 Likes

Michael was certainly more relaxed in the hosting role when he worked with Angela Cox. But working with Sam and Monique is completely different scenario. I suppose we will wait until the official announcement for confirmation of his appointment.

4 Likes

Hear hear.

3 Likes

Agree. Not a great dynamic at all.

2 Likes

Simon Reeve hosting again this weekend.

3 Likes

With Ryan Phelan reading sport & weather this morning.

7 Likes

Yet, Monique works well with Simon, as seen again this weekend, and with Kochie on the weekday show.

4 Likes

Yep, Ryan proving already that he’s not so great with weather and should just stick to sport and news…

1 Like