Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Not really. Probably booked him in after Sam had already booked her leave.

2 Likes

They did mention on weekend sunrise that it was last minute that he confirmed on coming on Sunrise.

6 Likes

Seems like they are vastly estimating his popularity in 2017. Hasn’t had a good movie in a decade (Has had a long line of box office flops) and has only really been notable in recent years for busting out the Fresh Prince theme at various events.

No real reason for Armytage to come back for a day at all.

6 Likes

The show is on until 10am tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sunrise and those running the ship do seem to be very out of touch with current trends.

1 Like

And so is Today until they (presumably) relaunch.

1 Like

Weekend Sunrise also do this for the 8am opener.

Not a lot of people like Simon, but I always have.

This is of course not his first time co-hosting. I think he did one weekend before he left for MDM and he also filled in for Kochie over summer some 10 years ago.

1 Like

I don’t believe they did this today. I saw the 8am opener and it was exactly the same as the 7am opener at the start of the show.

Beretts in Melbourne during the Australian Open

Sam Mac in Canada this week

6 Likes

It’s hilarious that half of them are just there to interview/ or see Will Smith, then are back on holidays. Says a fair bit about the presenters!

3 Likes

Or maybe the executives wanted them there. It’s something they will probably milk for publicity for months/years to come so better to have the regulars in promos than the fill-in hosts.

7 Likes

It’s not half just one person Sam who returned for today then goes back to her holidays.
Kochie l assumed was scheduled to return from holidays this morning.

Personally l dislike when Sunrise and Today turn visiting celebrities (actors/singers) into a major event.

6 Likes

Same here. That’s why I specifically didn’t watch it today.

Looks like the set is falling apart behind Eddy in that last cap!!

1 Like

How? It looks fine to me in the last cap!!

I think it’s in reference to the line on the light of behind Eddy that is missing l…

3 Likes

Making a huge deal about Will Smith and a movie that is regarded as one of the worst ever made demonstrates just how out of touch Sunrise producers are.

5 Likes

Maybe it had some really bad reviews but it has become the most watched movie in Netflix history and scored a sequel after a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Kochie and Nat are hosting for the rest of the week with Eddy presenting news.

5 Likes

But the EP got a selfie with him for his Instagram

6 Likes