Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Huh?

2 Likes

You didn’t trust the man himself talking on 6PR, but you trust the SMH article about what he said on 6PR. :smiley:

The recording is fine. I don’t trust the website that thinks throat is spelt “throught”.

1 Like

Friday (15.12.2017): Nat is co-hosting with Kochie this morning. Monique Wright is reading the news.

5 Likes

Who is presenting entertainment this week and next week, with Eddy in Brisbane filming Australian Spartan?

3 Likes

Nelson Aspen this week

6 Likes

Matt Doran is hosting this weekend.

6 Likes

Ray Martin is presenting the weather this morning from Norfolk Island,
Ray is a ambassador for Norfolk Island.

James Tobin"s flight back from LA has been delayed.

6 Likes

Nice bit of fun seeing Ray.

3 Likes

He’s struggling in the role though.

3 Likes

The director must be pulling their hair out. His first 7.30 segment is going for so loooooonnnnnnnnnngggggg!

6 Likes

Yep I thought the same thing. It was a nice surprise seeing him after Simon read the weather at 7:00 though when they went to him for the first time. But I was not happy to see Matt Doran there this morning though, as you would know but it wasn’t really a big surprise unfortunately. If this is a sign of what’s to come then this is bad. They really had to stretch the suspense of who the male co-host would be didn’t they, what with Mon reading all the headlines at the start so we had to wait until the first shot of the two hosts to see who it was.

Is that a new game on Sunrise - guess the host?

2 Likes

Do they not run a proper opener with voiceover on the weekend?

If the options are Matt or Basil then surely you’d be glad to see Matt in the chair?

3 Likes

Apparently, why else would only Mon read the headlines and not Matt too when he was sitting right beside her the whole time?

The opener’s are pre-recorded. Matt just would not have been ready in time.

Can you stop your bloody whingeing? What’s wrong with him being a fill-in host?

3 Likes

Still very convenient though, for the first day after AOK has officially left and Seven knew people would be speculating about who would be sitting next to Mon this morning, despite the fact he was a hot favourite for the role.

@JBar, do I need to go through everything I said last week again? I suppose it will just take some getting used to, like I’m sure the case would be with some other viewers.

While I’m at it, further to the discussion about potential future OBs in Perth & WA; did you not see all the crowd behind Sam Mac when he was in Karratha this week, even in the 6:30 cross that I managed to see when it would have been 3:30 there. People would turn up to see it for sure, Sunrise just have to be game enough to do it at least once.

Yes, you were whingeing last week and you’re still whingeing now. I want to know when you’re going to stop. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Andrew O’Keefe is gone and there will be a new host next year. Matt Doran is the fill-in host over Christmas and he probably would have done that anyway. I think he’s perfectly capable and likeable and he’s well known from his past work. He also works well with Monique and other regulars.

I think he’s a much better choice for host compared to what Weekend Today is throwing at us lately. When I flick over to their hosts. They just look awkward and seem stilted.

8 Likes

Yep, Matt is much better than whatever Weekend Today on Nine serve up too, I’ll give you that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like