Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I think for me, this was the definitive Sunrise set, despite any quirks or minor faults. Also, anyone see a little of the current Studio 10 set here, with the circles??

4 Likes

More:

2 Likes

Seen this morning

6 Likes

I think NBC Today will ALWAYS be the benchmark #goals for any breakfast set designer and graphic designer, in all its iterations. Hot, bold, definitive.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17990197_10155229142511350_8384125119022427379_o.jpg?oh=5b1e6557d422323118dfed73aaccf836&oe=5A8B000D

6 Likes
7 Likes

For someone who served the show for 12 years it was a bit of a lacklustre farewell IMO

4 Likes

I know there is a lot of criticism of Andrew, but he really does come across quite genuine (what you see is what you get) and I admire his energy and enthusiasm.

Even if some viewers don’t like him, Mon and Simon crying shows he clearly touched those he worked with.

15 Likes

The whole thing felt very rushed.

5 Likes

Andrew is the type of guy you either loved or hated,he is very intelligent and at times opinionated on certain topics which some viewers over the years liked and some didn’t.
12 years on Weekend Sunrise is a great achievement and after watching the show this morning it was obvious he will be missed by the on air and off air weekend team.

8 Likes

Here is the segment with the flashback:

6 Likes

Nelson Aspen will be presenting Entertainment tomorrow morning

5 Likes

I watched the entire bulletin this morning.

AOK probably more scruffy and laid back than I’d ever seen him.

Nice flashbacks throughout, with extended farewell segment in final 15-20min.

James Tobin said his words to him, but not long-time UK correspondent Rob Jobson when he crossed.

It was no doubt not the best farwell, but given the late news on Friday and many segments usually being prepared during the week, add to that being a weekend with different production team, did the best job they could.

We have to remember, he’s not gone, he’s still hosting The Chase Australia 5 nights a week.

Also, never say never, we may seen Andrew fill-in again on Sunrise / WS :wink:

2 Likes

“nothing has been locked in”, “i’m not moving to Sydney”, he is not leaving 6PR Breakfast, there has discussions and he is interested in doing Weekend Sunrise, he has sport commitments until March. If there is an agreement for him to do Weekend Sunrise he would commence after March 2018, it seems.

Basil Zempilas on the rumours:
https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/entertainment-with-peter-ford/

8 Likes

I am probably one of the few (if not the only one) who is said to see AO’K depart, I really enjoyed WS, both when Lisa & Sam were the co-hosts, the content used to be a lot better too. At one stage WS even had Plaza performances, as they would get a fair few “tourists” turn up to see the show on a Weekend.

I am expecting 2018 to be an interesting one for Sunrise, will be interesting to see if ratings are impacted by Koch going down to 4 days a week and what happens with Weekend Sunrise.

5 Likes

I don’t know whether we can trust a website that writes “a sore throught” when they mean “throat”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sam and Kochie are presenting the weather this Tuesday.

2 Likes

Not confirmed yet but it could be soon.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/basil-zempilas-tipped-to-replace-andrew-okeefe-on-weekend-sunrise-20171211-h02wql.html

2 Likes

Nat will begin her annual leave after the Carols this Sunday.

Also, Mike Amor is back in Australia so it is likely he will fill-in on Sunrise in January.

3 Likes

Tom Williams presenting the weather this morning

4 Likes

In addition to reading the nightly bulletin in Melbourne?

1 Like