Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

It just seems so messy and it shouldn’t be like that, not in the television industry. Also Sunday Night has lost too many reporters this year, they wouldn’t want to lose another one. Additionally, I would have thought Matt would have enjoyed the position at Sunday Night because it means he gets to travel the world to all sorts of different wonderful places where he has to report on stories from, isn’t this why he would have agreed to it? He wouldn’t be able to do this if he was hosting Sunrise too, he would have to do all locally based stories in Australia I would think.

As opposed to a presenter working 4 days a week and the other 3 days a week.

Or 5 days to 2 days. What are you getting at, this isn’t any different or messy at all! I’m talking about the presenter themselves; constantly changing roles or leaving places where there whole livelihoods and popularity/familiarity is.

Nine is not going to get AOK, whether they want him or not.

The Chase Australia - underpins Seven’s prime-time.

2 Likes

I was responding with a question to the Seven fanatic. Nine definitely wouldn’t want him. He is not a journalist.

3 Likes

Wow, a fanatic, me, really? Didn’t realise I was quite at that level but thanks for the compliment.

That may or may not be the case, it’s irrelevant. My point was there could be other opportunities out there for him so I can’t see Seven forcing the issue of a salary reduction. All there needs to be is the threat that Nine (or somebody else) might be interested in poaching him for AOK to have some leverage in negotiations.

5 Likes

Hopefully Matt Doran replaces Andrew and does Friday to Sunday.

As expected, tomorrow is Andrew’s last show.

4 Likes

Simon Reeve quit Weekend Sunrise during his Game Show Million Dollar Minute tenure and then when it had being axed 1 year later Simon returned to his position as Sports Presenter on Weekend Sunrise.

5 Likes

The Chase Australia ain’t no Million Dollar Minute :wink:

Of which, the former will get big results next year, with the Comm Games (like Rio Olympics last year).

3 Likes

Some flashbacks shown this morning

14 Likes

The set from that era of Sunrise arguably looks way better than the current one.

14 Likes

This isn’t Matt’s first rodeo. He has presented each edition of Ten News (early, morning, late, weekend, 5pm). He covered the Queensland floods (2013) for Ten. He is quite good for handling breaking news.

7 Likes

These were the segments from Saturday.

7 Likes
3 Likes

The House Band from 2012 are back today to farewell Andrew.

Andrew has officially co-hosted Weekend Sunrise since April 2006, according to the Sunrise flashback- 11 years not 12, on par with Simon Reeve who has been with the show since its inception (minus the 6-9 months where Jude Bolton/Ryan Phelan presented).

4 Likes

“Violence has erupted in the Middle East in the wake of Donald Trump”… Andrew rolls eyes.
What sort of host is he? Social media reaction tells me he won’t be missed! He certainly won’t from me!

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I’ve always enjoyed him.

My partner has worked with him professionally and he is a total joy and gentleman. I hope he continues with live TV in some form.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I happened to come across The house of Wellness early hours this morning.While i’m not a fan of the show, I Think some elements of their set would look great for sunrise, especially the desk

2 Likes

Is that the Rugby League World Cup set?