Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

You know that I’m not going to be able to help myself. At one point @nationalnews was saying Nat was going to be off for the whole rest of the week, now she is co-hosting and it is Sam that has gone. What a turnaround this is!

Well, how about you guys all stop speculating and posting your guesses as facts? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kochie will be senile in a handful of years (if not already :wink:), perhaps Seven have arranged the correct call with him (i.e.) new presenter on Fridays.
images-68

1 Like

Eddy is off today with Kochie & Sam presenting entertainment.

Rob Scott is presenting Perth news today

5 Likes
1 Like

Sam was pretty good.

Kochie started off well but then he lost the flow with his second and third verses.

1 Like

Apparently they lost the battle and were the only ones to do so in Fitzy & Wippa’s rap battle segments this year. It was largely due to Kochie criticising Matt’s , the newsreader of Nova and the judge of the battle, newsreading skills.

Weekend Sunrise: Andrew O’Keefe

After 12 years with Weekend Sunrise, Andrew O’Keefe has made the decision to step away from his hosting and reporting duties.

Andrew will continue his full-time role as host of Seven’s top-rating quiz show The Chase Australia, as well as focus on other projects with the Network.

"The ideal job is doing work you love with people you love,” Andrew said. “And for 12 years it’s been my great pleasure to work on one of the most lively and thoughtful shows on commercial television with some of the warmest, funniest, most committed people I know. Weekend Sunrise has truly been a family, though without the inheritance squabbles or TV-remote blame. Mon, Simon, Sally and the whole team behind the camera are beautiful friends. But as much as I love my WS family to bits, I think it’s time to give the weekends back to my real family. There are many overdue camping trips and too many unseen soccer matches to catch up on. So, to all the beautiful people with whom it’s been my profound pleasure to work, and to all the viewers who’ve been our friends for so long, thank you and adios. See you at the much more civilized hour of 5pm.”

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “Andrew O’Keefe is Weekend Sunrise’s longest-serving host. Over more than a decade, Australians have woken up to his irreverent style. He’s made us laugh and he’s made us think. I thank Andrew for his enormous contribution and wish him well as he reclaims his own weekends. Andrew will always be a member of the Sunrise Family.

Seven’s Network Director of News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson, added: “Andrew has been instrumental in Weekend Sunrise’s dominance over many years. Few bring as much passion and energy to a presenting role. I wish him every success in his future endeavours.”

An announcement of a new Weekend Sunrise co-host will be made in coming weeks.

9 Likes

Koch going down to four days a week, O’Keefe leaving. Who will be next to leave or go part-time? Armytage would be odds on to be next.

Wow!! I wonder who’s going to replace him; probably the same person who will be replacing Kochie on Sunrise on Fridays next year you would think.

I don’t think that’s likely for quite a while now. They wouldn’t want any more big changes so would sweeten the deal to keep her.

1 Like

This is good news. Let’s hope the next host is a proper, professional host and doesn’t give their own political opinions in every discussion and shut down those that disagree.

I believe that the next host should be the same person that is going to take over Kochies 5th day and then that can allow for a smooth transition for when Kochie steps down altogether.

2 Likes

With Today getting a new (or returning, depending on your point of view) co-presenter in Georgie Gardner for next year, I definitely think Seven will do everything they can to keep Samantha Armytage on Sunrise in 2018.

As for Andrew O’Keefe, I’m personally not a fan of him as a presenter (on either game shows or breakfast TV) although I’m aware that many people are.

3 Likes

Surely this isn’t a coincidence with Kochie going down to 4 days…

4 Likes

I had the same thought. Sounds like they want consistency over Friday, Saturday, Sunday, (so Sunrise doesn’t have 3 separate male hosts) but didn’t want Andrew to be that consistency. Citing camping trips and soccer matches as the reason for leaving doesn’t exactly sound like he was longing to leave to me.

1 Like

Chances are they said it was now going to be a 3 day a week job and AOK said no?

8 Likes

Matt Doran plz

3 Likes

Personally l would love to watch Matt Doran hosting Friday to Sunday next year.

3 Likes

Should I place a bet using this information?

1 Like

Yes, Weekend Sunrise has now become watchable!

4 Likes