Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

This would be epic :hugs:

(And it’s Ten, they’re not a bitter rival)

Rebecca Maddern would’ve returned, had she not defected to Nine.

Did a lot of filling-in over many years on Surnise / TMS.

Grant thanked Ten on twitter for allowing him to appear on Sunrise this morning.

13 Likes

Sunrise presenter Sam Armytage’s brekkie future up in the air

SUNRISE presenter Sam Armytage admits she doesn’t know if she will recommit to the breakfast program after 2018 as she slammed the recent spotlight on pay parity in the industry.

Armytage, whose contract with Sunrise expires next year, is reportedly being headhunted by Channel 10s new US owner CBS, driving speculation she would use the interest to broker a better deal with Channel 7.

3 Likes

First Lisa Wilkinson now Samantha Armytage.

Lisa is confirmed, Sam is speculation at best.

4 Likes

And they always do or say this sort of thing when negotiating their contracts.

Fifi Box appeared on the show this morning from Melbourne talking about her time on the show as entertainment reporter and weather presenter.

4 Likes

What next? Battle Of The Network Stars!!!?

2 Likes

Behind the scenes

5 Likes

But really what is she going to be doing at TEN?

There are no programs to present.

I also don’t believe Sam’s contract is due to expire until mid next year.

1 Like

I wonder which special guest star from Sunrise’s past will appear tomorrow on the show from Uluru…

1 Like

Skippy the Kash Kangaroo?

5 Likes

If it’s not these guys, what has the week even been for.

7 Likes

Maybe one of the finance ladies from the NYC stock exchange that appeared in the early 2000’s via video link.

1 Like

Friday - Uluru

Behind the scenes

5 Likes

An eventful five days celebrating 15 years of Sunrise

Monique Wright from Weekend Sunrise was the special guest star from Sunrise’s past that appeared today, even though she is still part of the Sunrise family on Weekend Sunrise :confused:

Sally Bowrey appeared for the briefest of moments on the couch at Brekky Central at the end of the first section of Sunrise at about 5:45 when there was a technical problem and the connection appeared to have been lost with the guys at Uluru. It was all fixed by the end of the commercial break.

3 Likes

I think that Sam won’t re-sign with Sunrise at the end of her contract. Remember when she replaced Mel, she said there was no way she would be on Sunrise for anywhere as long as her predecessor. However, to think that she would want to join a CBS/Ten brekkie show is just stupid.

As for next year with Kochie out on Fridays, I think the best option is not to get a replacement and stick with the current team. Either have:

• Nat co-host with Sam and Eddy do news/entertainment
    OR
  • Beretts co-host with Sam and do sport. Have Eddy sit in Beretts sit for entertainment, though, to fill the desk.
2 Likes

No need for speculation seeing she still has more than six months on her contract and could easily sign up again.