Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

100% agree. Whenever Kochie moves on they have some very solid options to take sunrise into the future. Matt being one of them, Mike Amor being another in my opinion.

7 Likes

Maybe this part could have been reworded a little :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hard on? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s even worse!!

Nope I agree wit turn on haha

4 Likes

Ten made a massve blunder not teaming him with Natarsha Belling for Wake Up.

12 Likes

Matt Doran co-hosting with Sam while Kochie is on holiday.

7 Likes
7 Likes

If true, Sunrise will either have to let Andrew Oā€™Keefe to do one show with Sam, in addition to WS, or replace AOK with someone else (Matt Doran) on WS and get him to co-host Friday-Sunday.

I donā€™t think it will work if they have Kochie 4 days, Matt 1 day and Andrew 2 days. Too many changes and becomes sort of point less.

6 Likes

Bizarre rumour?

Given the amount of money Kochie would be earning.

Is a weekend not enough? Get him to stop some other commitments then (e.g.) Business Builders, etc. I would think Sunrise should be his and has for a long time been a priority?

And footy season has finished, less load for quite a while now, in terms of his Port Adelaide FC chairman position.

3 Likes

I think its a perfect way for him to transition to retirement, and give him more free time. The man has many income sources, and no doubt he has done about all he can with Sunrise, I think they should even look at moving him to Weekend Sunrise. I also would be surprised if this was initiated, if not fully supported by 7.

7 Likes
  1. Money does not equal happiness

2. the other projects heā€™s involved in heā€™s probably involved in because heā€™s passionate about them as well, why would he want to give them up?

3. Heā€™s not as young as he used to be. Itā€™s no surprise he is choosing to scale back the commitments of live television 5 mornings a week.

4. Being the AFL head you are, I would have thought youā€™d realise thereā€™s another season next year to plan for.

5 Likes

Kochies people have confirmed this to be true.

3 Likes
  1. Also youā€™d expect @LukeMovieMan being an AFL head, heā€™d get the club name rightā€¦
5 Likes

Last Friday Seven announced at its upfronts that it had commissioned small business program The Mentor with Mark Bouris. Perhaps it will replace Business Builders?

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t saying the article wasnā€™t true, just that itā€™s strange.

Itā€™d be weird after all these years having Kochie 4 days, then another. Who knows if Andrew can do 3 days, with his Chase commitments.

1 Like

On Fridays they could always do it as just the three remaining hosts, Mark, Sam and Nat hosting. Doesnā€™t disrupt it too much.

1 Like

I doubt that, The Mentor seems to be comissioned as a reality series for primetime where Business Builders is a midday weekend show.

3 Likes

Sunrise won last week by approx 15,000.

3 Likes

So after two weeks pretty much, indicative of Lisa Wilkinson departure? Or hard to say? Or on par with majority of weeks this year?

2 Likes