Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

The Perth News currently does sport (always AFL focused) and then a weather check - even though the temperatures are pretty much identical in each region. They cross back to Sam Mac anyway with the national forecast and therefore they should scrap the Perth-centric sport and weather and highlight a few local stories before crossing back to Nat, Beretts and Sam Mac.

1 Like

Its a real mess and waste of time, when people in WA asked for local news it was meant that WA stories be inserted into national news not just all Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane.

1 Like

I hate this ā€˜reaccā€™ polling bullshit.

They should do the same sex marriage plebiscite via Sunriseā€™s Facebook page. ā€˜Do you think gays should marry? Love Reacc = Yes, Angery Reacc = Noā€™

3 Likes

You said what I was gonna say but better.

Reaccs should only be used ironically.

1 Like

A few observations I made this morning catching the show. It seems they have made the live shot of the street slightly out of focus behind the couch. Unsure on the reasoning behind this and looks a bit odd.
Also what is the big green leaf/vine wall/bush thing between the two big pillars outside the desk window?

I do have to say The Morning show makes use of the set and lighting heaps better than Sunrise do. They really transform the performance area to look colorful/warm and inviting even just as a backdrop when they do the presenting.

4 Likes

Shows you what a dedicated producer can produce.

4 Likes

Not the way Iā€™d planned my wonderful water ski day to end. Fell awkwardly in a slalom turn and have broken my knee cap and torn my quadracep muscle off the bone. Awaiting surgery. Thanks to the doctors, nurses and staff at Sunshine Coast University Hospital and Royal North Shore for their wonderful care. Be back on my feet soon!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/sunrise-star-mark-beretta-in-hospital-after-water-skiing-accident/news-story/02a21d9adc41e9293e78ae19761a0b1a

6 Likes

Most likely Ryan Phelan will be filling in for Mark until he returns.
Beretts accident was mentioned on this mornings show.

7 Likes

Best wishes to Beretts and his recovery. One of the better presenters on Sunrise.

13 Likes

It looks like it may be a bit of an emotional week on Sunrise then after Berettsā€™ accident since theyā€™ve also been promoting Kochie opening up about something close to his heart this week that looks like it was hard for him to talk about. You might want to get the tissues ready for that.

3 Likes

Melā€™s sacking? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Are there ads? Maybe he is retiring, or reducing his role to a few days a week? Real possibilities

3 Likes

Something close to his heart makes me think it could be something to do with his family, a medical condition maybe.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s that drastic. Look at it as being like all the Princess Diana documentaries weā€™re seeing at the moment; heā€™s just revealing something that happened to him in the past that the general public never knew about until now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Yeah thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking and trying to say but you put it into words for me. In other words; it is something deeply personal to him.

Edit: I just saw the promo again and I really do think it will be a tear jerker. Almost every time Iā€™ve seen the promo Iā€™ve had tears well up in my eyes and I donā€™t cry overly that often so that shows how emotional I think this interview will beā€¦

5 Likes

Ryan Phelan is presenting sport.

EDIT - along with the get well wishes for Beretts from the team there was a little funny banter about the accident.
During the show we will have a live cross to Beretts at his hospital bed for a update on his condition.

IMG_20170828_083159

4 Likes

The new out of focus backdrop looks a bit crap.

1 Like

Donā€™t really understand why they have done it. Maybe itā€™s to make the bollards not as noticeable?

Why does the colour seem to change every week on the set. Stick to one colour Sunrise!

2 Likes

This will air tomorrow morning the promo said Kochieā€™s most personal battle.

EDIT - with Fathers day this Sunday Kochie speaks about his father.

3 Likes

Eddy presenting news and entertainment on Thursday & Friday this week. .

5 Likes