Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

ayyyy are we circle jerking again? fuck yeah, gotta love a good ole non-constructive, pointless circle jerk that adds nothing to the conversation.

10 Likes

Oh please we have repetitive discussions in other threads as well, maybe these guys havenā€™t been involved in previous discussions and want to express opinions today because Nat was co-hosting this morning.

2 Likes

@Salty knowing what @TheHubMan is usually like, I think itā€™s wise to take this not so seriously.

And Sunrise isnā€™t the only place where repetitive arguments happen. Ten News anyone?

5 Likes

10/10 top bantz

Nat has said she didnā€™t want the job, nor do I think she would have accepted it as Mel Doyle was given a ā€œtapā€ on the shoulder. Itā€™s 4 years ago now, I donā€™t understand why people still talk about it. If anything focus on who should replace Armytage. I donā€™t think she will be in the role for anywhere near as long as Mel was.

2 Likes

Yeah and itā€™s not as if sheā€™s been at Seven for as long as Sandra Sully was at TEN.

I think it is a preventive measure. In 2015 when she was having her annual leave, the media was always speculating her whereabouts. I believe it has been arranged that Sam has long weekends, for example, in the place of a few weeks of consecutive absence. Although, it should be noted that Sam was sick today.

I think it is pretty obvious that Eddy will takeover from Sam.

IIRC, when Sam replaced Mel she said she would never co-host Sunrise for as long as Mel.

2 Likes

Every time she hosts, this topic is brought up again. It occurs a lot through this thread. I of course know it happens in other threads and itā€™s really annoying and detracts from this site

knowing what Iā€™m like

Lol

Also thereā€™s often times Iā€™ve been serious (or seriously wrong). Itā€™s not always about fun and games.

Yeah no shit but it doesnā€™t make it fine,

3 Likes

I wonder what she will do after Sunriseā€¦ try 6pm news here in Sydney?

4 Likes

Maybe replace Ann Sanders once she retires?

4 Likes

We already have a 4PM bulletin. We really donā€™t need a 3PM one too. A lot of us already think thereā€™s too much news on the main commercial channels as it is. Leave the UK Chase on Seven at that time I say.

1 Like

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/sunrise-star-sam-armytage-spills-on-her-perfect-guy-i-need-someone-away-from-this-industry/news-story/9f73c67163257ee143ee44c8ce4535be

While committed to her work on Sunrise, sheā€™s not sure what she will be doing in a decade.
Travel and photography are areas sheā€™d like to explore.
ā€œI am not sure I would be in TV in 10 years,ā€ she said. ā€œI donā€™t necessarily want to grow old in TV because I donā€™t think it is a terribly great place to grow old. And so I want to get some balance in there.ā€

2 Likes

4 Likes

Sunrise finished at 9.30am.
Hugh Whitfield was reporting live from Barcelona during the last hour of the show and earlier Cath Turner was reporting from the London Bureau.

4 Likes

Great use of the set. Itā€™s just a shame the light blue (even as far as dirty blue) behind those side screens ruins it all, they need to change it to one thing that is universal for all events or able to be modified with LEDs etc.

3 Likes

Sunrise was live into WA until approximately 5:57 am when it cut abruptly back to being 2 hours delayed so effectively everything from 5:57 AEST up until 7:57 has played out twice on WAā€™s feed on Sunrise :confused:

2 Likes

Edwina Bartholomew is filling in for Monique this weekend, as she is away sick.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Sunrise in Perth - Tinney throws back to Nat. Nat reads one story with live cross to Nathan Templeton. Nathan throws back to Nat - Sam says ā€˜thanks Berrettsā€™ :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Gotta love spell check

6 Likes