Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Tuesday -
Yes Sam is back co-hosting with Matt with Ryan Phelan presenting sport for the rest of the week.

3 Likes

Matt Tinney has also returned this morning. hooray

2 Likes

Post-Koch I think it would be great to poach Tarsh Belling over as well. Her and Matt Doran is double header gold.

1 Like

We can now all rest easy that one of the ā€œnormalā€ team are on.
Matt is pretty good. Great to see him being utilised within the network more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really enjoyed watching Matt this week, when he joined Seven l said he would be a great fill in on Sunrise and he hasnā€™t disappointed.

In closer Sam thanked Matt but didnā€™t say Kochie is returning tomorrow.

6 Likes

I would love to see a Matt & Nat trial run over summer.

7 Likes

@FreelanceEP l think we will definitely see Matt over the summer and with Nat or Eddy would be a great hosting team.

6 Likes

Agreed. Seemed viewers liked him on there as well.
Could definitely be a potential successor down the line youā€™d hope! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Basil Zempilas twitted early in the week that he was catching up with former radio mate Sam Mac On Thursday mate baz is hosting sunrise

3 Likes

Ok because when Sam thanked Matt she didnā€™t actually say Kochie was returning.

2 Likes

Basil has confirmed he is hosting sunrise tomorrow and Friday :+1:

7 Likes

Friend sent me this:

Next week: "was Stalin Unaustralian? :+1: / :rage: "

5 Likes

3 Likes

Watched this morning to see what Basil was likeā€¦ It felt like I was watching a presenter on Community Television, and that is saying something considering the man he was relieving. He was interviewing their ā€œresidentā€ doctor in regards to the Nurofen debacle, and it really felt he was trying to hard to be controversial on a story where many of the facts medically speaking have already been discussed. Please send him back to Perth, Kalgoorlie or which ever rock he lives under.

1 Like

I watched that interview with Dr Ginny. Didnt get that vibe at all. I actually think Baz does a good job on Sunrise.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit harsh I think. He does a good job and deserves more exposure outside of Perth in the sports role in my opinion.

5 Likes

Baz isnā€™t an overly amazing co-host, but he, Michael Usher, Mike Amor and particularly Matt Doran are far better as co-hosts as Andrew Oā€™Keefe.

8 Likes

Heā€™s heavily involved in 7ā€™s AFL coverage, including games played in eastern states.

Yeah I know but that still isnā€™t overly that much, particularly when Sydney & Brisbane are not even AFL places.

I donā€™t watch AFL Footy so never really seen much of Basil before but l thought he did a good job hosting, he was very enthusiastic and his cheery personality worked well for brekky TV.

It was great to have James Tobin filling in for Sam Mac this week, Sam is back next week.

6 Likes