Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Latham appeared on Sky News multiple times last week, even though he had been sacked. Sunrise is also giving him oxygen. A very entertaining Twitter discussion between Mayne, Kennett and Latham, if you click through:

1 Like

Kochie grunting and groaning through a segment because he didnt agree with what everyone was saying :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Could someone do some cap comparisons of the new sunrise set from 2016 to now? A lot of little tweaks were made, but it would be interesting to see how much it’s made a difference by comparing them side by side

1 Like

Sunrise Perth Promo, one of the first promos I have seen since the move to Osborne Park promoting the use of the resources from the West Australian Newspaper.

8 Likes

Strange how they didn’t wait for Matt Tinney to return to record the promo.

Do Sunrise do local news at 6 and 6.30? Or just 7,7.30.8 adn 8.30 like Today?

3 Likes

They recent extended it when Nat flew over, so its every half hour from when the show begins :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thwforstcap looks really messy with 4 different logos

I can do, just give me a while.

1 Like

No it’s not. It is still only every half hour from 7:00 and sometimes also at 9:00, particularly when there is an extended edition. The 5:30, 6:00 and 6:30 news’ are still the same thank goodness. And I could do without seeing that promo again @NewsAustralia. I’m already forced to have to sit through it every night at the end of TT before H&A when there shouldn’ t be any promos like in other places, further delaying its start time.

1 Like

That’s a case of false advertising if there promos are anything to go by…

2 Likes

In that case Seven Perth are indeed falsely advertising, which is quite typical of them really trying to oversensationalize things like they always tend to do…

Matt Doran filling in for Kochie this week it sounds like

8 Likes

James Tobin filling in for Sam Mac.

4 Likes

Monday (31.07.2017): Natalie Barr and Matt Doran are co-hosting this morning, with Eddy on the news. As @Salty mentioned, James Tobin is presenting the weather.

TBH, I can’t see this lasting all week, there is no way Sunrise would do this. Either Kochie is off for just this morning or Sam will return from holidays tomorrow.

5 Likes

5 Likes

James Tobin’s weather crosses seem pre-recorded?

1 Like

Why? When you actually think about it, Matt is the only one who isn’t part of the regular team. Compare that to Today who often have their entire team off…

6 Likes

Two other things to note about Sunrise this morning. Due to JT being in Perth this morning, Perth had their special unique weather crosses including suburban Perth weather for each cross after 7am once again this morning. As well as this, the Zara Larsson performance was very obviously pre-recorded yesterday, probably just after she performed live on Weekend Sunrise.

In recent years, Sunrise over the summer break have ensured that one of the regular hosts are there whilst the other isn’t. It works better this way.

Matt was good, and I think it would have been great with Tarsh on Ten’s Wake Up. IMO, I think Seven should try and get Matt White back to the network to co-host Sunrise post-Koch. He was always great with Mel.

4 Likes

Confirmed: Matt Doran filling in for Kochie this week:

“Doran has been flagged as the next big star at Channel 7. This week he will fill in for David Koch co-hosting Sunrise.
“I’ve been a big fan of Kochie since I was a cadet journo, so for me this is will be a special few days,” he said.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/matt-dorans-next-career-move-after-split-with-everyday-gourmet-host-justine-schofield/news-story/00c6c7bc693c3802e9aa402e5ac7c84c

7 Likes