Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Is that blue behind Sally reading the news this morning, new? New colour and shape?

2 Likes

I think they have just switched the light on that brick looking panel to a deeper blue…
Still is the only part of the set that looks out of place and that I dislike.

4 Likes

Whilst it looks strange, it is the access to the control room. The old Sunrise set had it too, but the plasma covered it better.

1 Like

Sunrise won week 28 by 9,000, winning all days except Thursday.

3 Likes

What is the tally so far @TV.Cynic?

Nat co-hosting with Kochie and Eddy presenting news /entertainment this week while Sam is on holidays.

James Tobin presented Weather Monday -Wednesday with Sam Mac returning on Thursday.

4 Likes

Which is rare. Great nonetheless, given this should be his permanent position.

4 Likes

He may not want the weekday gig and is probably content with his weekend position.

3 Likes

Would be a great permanent team.

4 Likes

Kate Smithers presenting Sunrise Perth news this week. She seems better than some of the other reporter presenters that have been trialled while Matt Tinney’s been on holidays

2 Likes

Ryan Phelan presenting sport this weekend.

3 Likes

Mel made an appearance on Sunrise yesterday one of only a couple since she has left the show, there was some bitterness between the two i guess that was because it was pre recorded though. It was nice seeing her back :slight_smile:

You can catch the interview here https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/36450480/bernard-tomic-faces-up-to-controversy-on-sunday-night/#page1

8 Likes

The hero we need but don’t deserve.

6 Likes

Why was there bitterness between the two. Aren’t they still meant to be ‘friends’ after co-hosting Sunrise together for so many years. It did seem quite awkward because I noticed right away it was yet another pre-record for some reason and not live like I thought it would have been. It would have been nicer to see their chemistry again whilst talking to each other live I think.

3 Likes

The picture made my heart melt!

Bring back Mel!

Highly doubt there was some bitterness? Why would that be?

6 Likes

It has something to do with it being pre recorded (there still good friends no doubt) Kochie is all happy and Mel is just there seeming like she isn’t interested. Bitter isn’t the word its more awkward

1 Like

I know it gets repetitive but IMO Mel should’ve never been moved from Sunrise. Sunrise probably won’t be such a tarnished brand if Mel had stayed around till today (no S&C saga etc).

4 Likes

Kochie: “He can go work in a factory and see what it’s really like” …says the financial advisor and suit-wearing breakfast TV host earning at least six figures.

2 Likes

Bitterness? Not interested? What a load of garbage! Did I just watch the same interview as some of you?
Mel seemed quite worked up about the interview, definitely not disinterested, and kochie called her “mate” at the end, hardly bitter words.

9 Likes

Agree. There was nothing at all weird about that interview (except that it was Sunrise :smiley:). I didn’t see any bitterness and it wasn’t awkward.

8 Likes