Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

But back then they promoted it as the stars filling in for Kochie. This was promoted as co-hosting with kochie AND Sam

2 Likes

Yep its definitely not live as advertised. Katy has left the country.

1 Like

She was on The Voice tonight

1 Like

1 Like

Nelson Aspen presenting entertainment again this week.

7 Likes

Sunrise has also replaced the V/O with a modified one for the Katy special, " This is a special edition of Sunrise with Sam, Kochie and soon Katy Perry." Quite misleading, but TBH, the idea of a singer co-hosting a news program (highly regarded within the news division) is just dumb.

After a long affiliation with McCafe from 2008-2012, then without one for their coffee mugs since, Sunrise is now sponsored by Muffin Break, as of this morning.

3 Likes

@Mitchell_Nock, you won’t be disappointed:

But I think it is misleading and tacky to pre-record the segment/s and made out to be live.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Channel 7 caught out tweeting Katy Perry “live” this morning.

Before the show went to air, their Twitter announced proudly that they’d be “live with special guest co-host Katy Perry”.

Another cringeworthy moment arose during a meet-and-greet on the show, where the star clearly forgot what day it was “supposed” to be, telling a fan in the audience: “Let’s make your Saturday!”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/katy-perry-cohosting-sunrise-after-photos-surface-of-her-flying-home/news-story/01c422a0d6fe862ca94bc9d8faff4e00

10 Likes

Rob Scott presented Perth News this morning.

3 Likes

I’ve seen all of this now. Let me get this straight, absolutely no parts about Katy Perry’s appearance that showed this morning were live, somehow they managed to pre-record it all and make it appear live as the ‘Saturday slip-up’ proved? All of what was shown between roughly 7:20 and 8:40 this morning was pre-recorded, even the throwovers to Perth news. Something about the throwover to Nat with the news at 7:30, 8:00 and 8:30 also seemed disjointed.

1 Like

The Voice appearance was pretty recorded as well

1 Like

A-ha. That makes a difference!!

So Pell has now admitted that all the Katy bits were pre-recorded but I still think it was poor taste though and it should have been live for a show like Sunrise, despite her maybe being unavailable this morning, so she could appear right from the start at 5:30 rather than have Kochie make the excuse that this a bit too early for her so they could show the pre-recorded bits later on. For the record, I really liked seeing Katy next to Kochie at the desk, the way I imagined it would be, from 7:30 onwards.

3 Likes

What do you mean admitted? It has been known since last week that it wasn’t going to be live.

5 Likes

I never saw all the articles last week saying that she was leaving Australia yesterday and I believed that it was going to be live. In fact, how could Sam Mac read the weather in advance if even the weather related segments to Katy Perry were pre-recorded?

1 Like

Because him actually reading the weather was live but the crosses pre-recorded.

6 Likes

Why then did Sunrise send a tweet “KatyPerry is joining us SOON! :tada: Watch LIVE |”

5 Likes

By the way, I knew last week they were advertising for people to come down and see her on Saturday and ask her questions but I did not realise that the WHOLE ENTIRE SHOW relating to her would be filmed then. I just thought this was to aid the LIVE show that would show on Monday which is how it should have been done in my books, not through TV trickery because now that I’ve learnt this, it is actually quite disgusting. Sunrise should always be live and I know some people have been commenting on here lately about the increasing number of pre-recorded segments on it and this would have to be the pinnacle of them all. If they couldn’t have gotten Katy on to co-host live then they shouldn’t have arranged for this to happen at all, even though I am aware that a lot of people enjoyed seeing Katy on this morning but this TV trickery is just plain deceitful to people like me who always think what we see on a show like Sunrise is LIVE.

2 Likes

I agree with what people are expecting a usually live show to be live. But isn’t it a case of her prerecording the appearance or not being on it at all?

If you really didn’t like the idea of it being prerecorded couldn’t you have just turned off or switched over?