Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

How about Denham Hitchcock again? :wink:

3 Likes

CONFIRMED: Sally Bowrey is back, reading the news next weekend.

4 Likes

Much prefer Ange.

2 Likes

If thatā€™s the case, are we expecting her to be back on the National bulletins on Fridays again?

1 Like

One would hope she is, as sheā€™s better than Chris Reason

Where did you see this? On what Twitter account?

On Angelaā€™s twitter she answered @nationalnews question.

1 Like

Are you sure? I see no questions being asked to her on her twitter account relating to this. Her twitter account is @angelacox7news isnā€™t it?

A few weeks ago, Sunrise pledged to return the campaign ā€˜Give Fear the Flickā€™ from about a decade ago, with a new weekly segment.

With Eddy still on holidays, Nelson Aspen is on entertainment this week.

5 Likes

Why on earth is the 6.15am segment ā€˜Spin Free Zoneā€™ being replayed at 7.15??? Is this common or just due to technical difficulties or something?

I was wondering the same thing. What about Tony Abbottā€™s battlelines is so important that they have to replay the same segment again. Couldnā€™t they talk to someone else about political issues like the political editor Mark Riley as they normally would?

1 Like

Just walked past the studio in Martin Place and Niall Horan was recording his performance and then chatting with Kochie and Sam.

6 Likes

I have watched Sunrise all of this week and I do keep seeing slight improvements on last year. But I am really disappointed with the amount of pre-recorded segments, which have risen recently.

BTW, does anyone know what Nuala Hafner is up to these days? Would have been a great replacement for Eddy on the weather.

2 Likes

Sunrise should follow the same format as Weekend Sunrise, and cut all the entertainment crap and put Eddy on newsfeed or something that is worth the swap from weather! Might rate a bit better than now.

Leave the hosts for now, I think if we were to cut hosts positions ratings will take a beating and Today might start winning.

1 Like

What kind of segments do they prerecord?

• They replayed the entire ā€˜Spin Free Zoneā€™ in the main 7am block yesterday.
  • Increased number of reports from reporters in the news made to seem live with the two-way boxes.
  • Weekend Sunriseā€™s weather is frequently pre-recorded
  • And I understand it may be due to contractual reasons, but both Tom Cruise and, as mentioned above, Niall Horan have been pre-recorded but made out/promoted as a live in-studio interview. I would be fine if Sam, for example, interviewed Niall in a motel (if it was going to be pre-recorded).

Mind you, I watch more of Today than Sunrise, and still I noticed these issues.

4 Likes

Basil Zempalis hosting Weekend Sunrise this weekend :flushed:

6 Likes

Well his first time will be interesting :no_mouth:

1 Like

Jesus. They really will give anyone a go at hosting these programs now days, wonā€™t they?

3 Likes