Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

That is obviously great news for Perth News but IMO, it is stupid taking her away from her national newsreading role.

5 Likes

Well I don’t know how long this is for, it may only be for this week or a few days this week so don’t get too worried yet!! I highly doubt it would be for the whole time Matt is away and before long someone like Amelia Broun will replace her for the rest of the time he is away and Nat will go back to Brekky Central and read the national news like she should be doing. It’s probably just to give her more exposure to local Perth audiences on the local Perth news since she is a Bunbury gal and all :wink:

3 Likes

Mate, Sandgropers have known Nat Barr for decades and she’s as Sandgroper as Fat Cat, Rick & Sue and Export. It’s like saying 'Kate Richie should go back to Summer Bay for more exposure".

3 Likes

I think you are misinterpreting what I’m trying to say. Of course everyone in WA knows her, I meant that she is being given a role more closer to home for her and exclusive to WA, giving more of a connection between her and WA audiences rather than normal everyday Sunrise where she is seen on a national level and only makes the odd reference every now and then to her everyday roots.

For all we know, Nat might’ve flown over there to spend a bit of time with family along with the presenting work.

In any case, I’m sure that Natalie Barr filling in on Sunrise Perth News won’t do their ratings any harm over in the West. If anything, it’s a good thing because it emphasises the fact that a local presenter is part of a national breakfast show (of course I still think Perth actually needs fully live & local breakfast shows, but that’s a debate for another time).

6 Likes

Its not the first time she has filled in on Perth News.

Watching Sunrise this morning, which is a rarity for me but I’ve seen a few errors this morning in the 20 minutes or so I’ve been watching. Firstly while Sam was interviewing a guest, vision briefly switched back to Kochie standing at the video wall ready for the nest segment and secondly whilst they crossed to Sam Mac who was in the makeup room with Larry & Kylie the 2 way vision screen said his location was the U.S Bureau.

1 Like

Yeah I know, she filled in last year at some stage & I really liked it which is why I was so excited that she was going to be doing it again

Some caps of Nat presenting :blush: Still wished they returned to the live shot for Perth News

11 Likes

Whenever Nat is here she shows how actually really bad Matt is.

2 Likes

Still wished they could do a full news, sports and weather segment LIVE from Perth instead of local insert and national news woth Nat (skipping sports).

1 Like

27 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News Presenters and Reporters

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Eddy is now on holidays for a few weeks.

Most likely Angela Cox will be reading the news if Nat is still in Perth next week.

3 Likes

It may be interesting to note that Sunrise did not have a 5:30 opener this morning, rather they just played the ending of it with the song & the usual wide shot of the team at the desk before going straight to Eddy for the day’s news. They did have openers at 6:00 and 7:00 as per usual. This has happened on the odd occasion before but I always think it’s unusual to not have an opener particularly right at the very start of the program.

I think Nat will be back in Sydney next week.

3 Likes

Discussion of Perth based Seven News Presenters has been moved to the Seven News Presenters & Reporters thread.

3 Likes

@TV.Cynic do you have any latest ratings for Weekend Sunrise? Just interested to see how the show’s going lately.

BTW, great to see Ron Wilson on the show.

Jennifer Hudson instagramming her performance for Sunrise. Did she perform this morning or pre-record for during the week?

Weekend Sunrise has won every week so far. Today has won a couple of Sundays and one Saturday. Sunrise is ahead by an average of approx 35,000.

Sunrise won last week by 4,000 - Today had been ahead until Friday.

5 Likes