Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Wow Katy co-hosting Sunrise? She must be up super early and really prepared for this, even if she only participates for one hour. She is also performing at The Voice grand final and the 2DayFM world famous rooftop event.

2 Likes

Stay calm and carry on, @JohnsonTV . Wow, you’re probably the only one who is excited about her co-hosting Sunrise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This sort of stuff always seems to backfire in the ratings. I don’t know why they keep doing it. They better hope it’s not a serious news day.

5 Likes

Isn’t there a video of her trying to do the Weather last time ?

Mind you she can’t be much worse than what Armytage has been as of late.

She also is absolutely not the world’s biggest pop star.

1 Like

She can be a bit Hot n Cold.

16 Likes

You’re wrong.

When it’s right.

1 Like

Most likely the Today Show will have a pre-recorded interview with Katy set to air when she appears on Sunrise! :joy:

She’s no Beyonce 
 this is a review of the latest album.

[quote]So, Witness is a surprisingly and refreshingly risky Katy Perry album. With left-of-centre collaborators rather than trusted hitmakers, she’s tried to make her own Lemonade, but it’s closer to flat home-brand cola.

Make no mistake, there’s some really good album tracks here, there’s just no great, obvious hit singles.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/katy-perry-hoped-her-new-album-would-be-her-own-lemonade-but-its-more-homebrand-cola/news-story/b3d0e135274ac93625c8db1759e72b54
[/quote]

Koch will no doubt pretend to be her number 1 fan, though he probably goes to bed listening to
Tom Piotrowski podcasts.

4 Likes

No joke, Today were promoting an exclusive to do with Katy Perry too. With her performing on The Voice grand final, surely she will perform on Today too? @TV.Cynic Do you know what Today’s announcement was.

I do assume Katy will only do about 30 minutes worth of co-hosting. In fact, there is nothing to make a fuss about, other than perhaps that she is performing.

Boom.
Beyoncé, Adele, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran all bigger. Top 10 certainly but biggest pop star is ridiculous.

1 Like

The shine has come off BeyoncĂ©. Her last album was arguably a flop and her singles were definitely flops. I don’t think you can put her on that list. Replace her with Taylor Swift and you might be closer to the mark.

I was under the assumption based on what was said this morning, Katy was going to be co-hosting the entire morning whenever this happens and she would be replacing Sam as the co-host for that morning in a similar fashion as to what happened that infamous week back in July 2015 (the week I must say I was last in Sydney and visited Brekky Central which is why I remember it so well!) when Keith Urban, Chris Isaak and co replaced Kochie in the co-hosting position of Sunrise for the entire morning when he was off with a good reason apparently. If this is the case, then would that mean Sam would come up with a convenient excuse to be ‘away’ that morning like Kochie in that week in 2015?

Arguably a flop? It was the biggest selling album of last year and a streaming success. I didn’t think it was very good (her sister Solange’s album was so much better) but the numbers stack up. Fair cop on Taylor Swift though.

I did say “arguably” a flop. :wink: How do sales compare to previous albums and singles?

How does anything in the music industry compare to previous eras? Hard to compare.

Anyway, I’ve taken this far too off topic
back to Sunrise but happy to keep chatting on this in the Music thread :blush:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Music

Monday (12.06.17)- Friday (16.06.17): Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news this morning.

1 Like

Sunrise won week 23 by 7,000. Today won Monday but Sunrise won the other four days.

2 Likes

This morning when they crossed to Sam Mac he was caught off guard and said ‘shoot’.

This is because apparently Nat is heading back to Perth today to read Perth news again from tomorrow onwards since Matt Tinney has just said that he is going on holidays for a couple of weeks

6 Likes