Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Somebody will probably go but it would be for Monday morning rather than tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Monday morning?

3 Likes

Bah I’m still on European time sorry, they can’t fly somebody there in time for tomorrow so it would be Tuesday.

1 Like

It takes more than 24 hours in total to get to London/Europe? Can’t it be done quicker for the sake of TV :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nat is still here at Brekky Central this morning so maybe the producers aren’t going to be cruel enough to send her back on another long haul flight to London after she was only just there two weeks ago to cover the Manchester Attacks

Sunrise won week 22 by an average of 5,000 nationally.

What I thought may be if interest. Nine won the prime time ratings on Wednesday with a 45% share but Sunrise won Thursday morning; Seven won the ratings on Thursday night with 33% but Today won Friday breakfast. So, if people initially woke up and watched the same channel they went to bed with, it didn’t take long before they changed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why does Nat need to go over there? I am sure the European reporters are more then capable of covering the story. Ben Lewis a freelancer is a good reporter used to work for Channel Ten before freelancing. Hugh Wakefield if my memory serves me right is also pretty good as is Cath Turner. Seems to be a waste of money sending Sunrise specific reporters/presenters when the team already over there is more then capable.

4 Likes

It is never about who is most capable, but rather what makes the best impression to the average viewer. In this case having some of your most well known faces in the “thick of the action” so to speak.

3 Likes

Sadly these sorts of attacks are happening more commonly now so you’d need to have somebody jetting off overseas every second week now.

On the other hand, having lesser-known presenters doing coverage from London instead of the usual high-profile suspects might help them get better known to the audience. If Seven is going to be overreliant on its top-tier talent, its dooming their eventual replacements.

1 Like

Does Nelson still appear on Sunrise?

Don’t think so. At least last year when Eddy was away, he used to fill-in. Now either Sam or Ange Cox does Entertainment in Eddy’s absence.

Saw him the other day on there

3 Likes

Nelson is used when required these days which isn’t a lot

1 Like

Angela Cox presenting entertainment on Wednesday & Thursday this week while Eddy is reporting on Prince Harry’s Sydney visit.

3 Likes

Yes he does. He joins Eddy every Friday after 9:00 for a segment called ‘Sunrise Star Socials’ or something like that, discussing some of the top celebrity stories of the week :grin:

2 Likes

Ryan Phelan presented on Thursday & Friday this week.

2 Likes

Does Natalie​ Barr need some expert advice on investing in property?

Well, Koch has just the solution for her. And it has a money back guarantee.

Kochie’s Money Makeover
"Just one easy payment of $99.00"
https://www.moneymakeover.com.au/

6 Likes

“Major announcement” tomorrow. It looks like Katy Perry will be preforming on the show again judging by what they showed this morning. That she also announced a Australian tour

4 Likes

###Katy Perry is coming to Brekky Central…

Sunrise this morning announced that singer Katy Perry will take over Brekky Central later this month.

The pop superstar is a long-time friend of Sunrise, and even tried her hand at presenting weather during her last visit in 2014.

This time around she’s raising the stakes. Swapping the stage for the television studio, Perry will co-host Australia’s favourite brekky show alongside Kochie and Sam. It’s something she’s never attempted before.

Perry’s visit to Brekky Central follows a string of international superstar guests, most recently Tom Cruise and Ed Sheeran.

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “Katy Perry has a proud history with Sunrise. She’s done almost everything there is to do on the show. Everything except co-hosting it. We can’t wait to see what she brings this time.”

“Katy’s like an old friend, it’s great to welcome her back. She’s the biggest pop star in the world right now so of course I’d give up my seat to have her co-host the show!”
Samantha Armytage

“Katy has been a Sunrise regular over the years… one of my unique memories of Katy was her using my bald head as a fruit platter. She is so bright, funny and unpredictable. It’s going to be a crazy morning and anything could happen!”
David Koch

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/872932801892319232

4 Likes