Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Budget coverage this morning

4 Likes

Michael Usher co-hosting with Sam while Kochie is having a few days off.

2 Likes

Most likely on his way to China for the Port v Suns game

1 Like

Why in the world are they still talking to Mark Latham? Cut that goon loose already!!

1 Like

Why is Sunrise always better with anyone but Kochie hosting with Sam?

1 Like

It’s different not necessarily better. Sounds like you’re shit stirring.

1 Like

It isn’t that bad :laughing:

Personally I think Mark Beretta and Natalie Barr should be the current main co-presenters of Sunrise.

As I’ve said before, David Koch has had his day and probably should’ve stepped aside when Melissa Doyle did IMO.

2 Likes

Perhaps if the show was behind in the ratings, but as it’s not… I don’t see Mark Baretta as a suitable replacement.

Seven have a number of proven popular hosts on the books at the moment that might see Sunrise as a promotion if they are available for the timeslot. Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies come to mind.

2 Likes

Any retirement by Koch (he is 61 & financially astute, so I dare say that is the only reason he will leave, 7 wouldn’t terminate him unless ratings are horrid) will most likely be transitional. He will increase is annual leave to allow for trials and possibly even segue out (a few months at 4 days a week) or perhaps move to Weekend Sunrise.

Beretta & Barr won’t be made hosts, Barr has said she doesn’t want it, and Beretta’s deal is sweetened by allowing him to do “passion projects” such as sports coverage of events he is interested in.

Larry & Kylie would not both move, it would be too bigger risk to both the Sunrise and TMS brands.

3 Likes

If they needed replacements and that’s a big “if”, then recent fill-in hosts like Mike Amor and Angela Cox would be more appropriate.

If it happens, I agree it would be transitional. They should have learnt their lesson from last time.

Well said.

I know a lot of people here absolute despise Kochie, but Kochie probably won’t be as bad if Mel was still on Sunrise. I know ratings don’t support this theory and people here won’t either, but IMO Mel should’ve never been removed from Sunrise.

3 Likes

Get over it.

Sunrise, Today fight over Tom Cruise exclusives
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/seven-and-nine-go-head-to-head-touting-rival-tom-cruise-exclusives/news-story/8fe859d662291f3aa37663bfa3c05efc

A great coup for Sunrise having a megastar in the studio for an extensive interview.

A great coup? He’ll be the reason I switch off. Why would they ‘fight’ over him?

3 Likes

They did it wrong, they needed to get their resident Tom Cruise expert, Peter “Put your manners back in” Overton to conduct the interview.

Here’s something pretty old. Seven News Sunrise 2001 with Georgie Gardner (@nationalnews will be happy to check this out) and Mark Beretta.

5 Likes

Monday (15.05.17) - Friday (19.05.17): With Kochie on holidays, Mike Amor is co-hosting with Sam.

2 Likes

@nationalnews

Mike Amor and Michael Usher are much better options than Andrew O"Keefe as co-hosts in my opinion.

9 Likes

AOK is fine as a presenter…for a game show like Deal or No Deal and the Chase.