Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Nat in Rockhampton again this morning.

1 Like

And the final winner is… NEW ORLEANS

Sunrise is bound for the birthplace of Jazz.

Sunrise viewers have decided Sam, Kochie and Eddy will board a flight to New Orleans.

From Jazz to Country, Sam Mac and the Sunrise weather crew will head to Nashville, the Country music capital of the world.

And Beretts will take Sport to Atlanta, home to one of the most recognisable brands in the world, Coca Cola.

Interesting comments here . . . the extravagance as you put it is all derived from sponsors who are the main drivers of these OB’s - the costs to the networks is essentially normal production costs. Cost to tax payer comes from the sponsors not the networks - all sold, signed sealed delivered before anyone steps aboard a place - trust me I was responsible for this in the past. These costs are also then recorded as part of gross revenue which the networks duly pay their license fee on.

4 Likes

Friday (07.04.17): With Sam, Kochie and Eddy in New Orleans, Nat is live in Rockhampton covering the clean-up recovery. Angela Cox is in the studio with the rest of the day’s news.

1 Like

Friday team

1 Like

Completely ridiculous to bring Nat home. For both the producers and the public who had an issue with them being in the States.

3 Likes

Seven reaches confidential settlement with Talitha Cummins on unfair dismissal claim

Weekend Sunrise newsreader Talitha Cummins has reached a confidential settlement with the Seven Network after claiming she was sacked unfairly while on maternity leave, a court has heard.
Her lawyer Sam Lavery said a confidential settlement with Seven had been reached, adding that Cummins would not be reinstated at the network.
Cummins had submitted an application for unfair dismissal before the Federal Circuit Court.

2 Likes

Nat and the Sunrise team were invited back to Rocky when the floods are over to showcase the city. Sam seemed really keen on this, suggesting they go back in “Beef Week”. I think they will do this…

1 Like

Sunrise won last week by 15,000 with Today winning on Monday and Friday.

2 Likes

Monday (10.04.17)- Friday (14.04.17): Angela Cox is reading the news and doing entertainment this week.

1 Like

@nationalnews Nat is most likely on holidays it is school holidays in Sydney this week.

Is Eddy on the show this morning?

1 Like

No, Ange is doing Entertainment as well.

2 Likes

They have added some “plant walls” to the set from what I briefly saw this morning…

3 Likes

Pics?

That is for The Morning Show. Already been posted in The Morning Show thread.

1 Like

@SydneyCityTV It seems both Sunrise and Today have the same logic with both launching new elements this morning ahead of News Breakfast’s refresh. I also noticed that sweeping shots returned this morning, including the open windows for the 7am slot.

3 Likes

Sunrise beats Today Show, scoring two huge acts to perform on the morning after Logies
In another blow for the Channel 9 breakfast show after a run of unfavourable ratings, rival Sunrise locked in James Blunt and Andy Grammer for their only breakfast TV performances the day after the awards.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/sunrise-beats-today-show-to-score-two-huge-acts-to-perform-on-the-morning-after-the-logies/news-story/ba5d113808e50535e4d831b3926dceb6

3 Likes

Angela Cox presenting news on Good Friday.

1 Like

@Tom_TV7 Angela presented news every morning this week on Sunrise.

3 Likes

Excellent.