Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

You know it’s April Fools right?

6 Likes

You should read the article. It is quite funny.

2 Likes

Hope it’s true. Stupid sunrise. Should realise they are not above any countries law even if they think they are

What day is it?

2 Likes

Mate, check the date!

2 Likes

Ha, ha, great April fools day joke well written very funny article

2 Likes

And the Cash Cow declined to comment, he clearly just cares about his own hide.

I’ll get my coat.

5 Likes

i actually believed that article until mid way through the article. The Oprah comment was a dead give away. :stuck_out_tongue: Was a good one.

3 Likes

Didn’t suck me in this time.

1 Like

Angela is back in the studio this morning.

2 Likes

Can’t Sunrise decide if they want to use the generic blue backdrop or the Live backdrop every morning? Watched WS and they started with the live backdrop, whereas Sunrise usually starts with the generic backdrop and reverts back to the Live shot at around 7-7:30am. Inconsistency anyone? If you want generic, stick with it. If you want Live, stick with it.

N.B. I liked their generic backdrop back in March last yr with the contrasts in blue, yellow and orange.

1 Like

The idea of the generic background comes from Adam Boland. It is figured that viewers don’t like to wake up to black/dark backdrops instead bright, ‘happy’ backdrop. Like with the 2004 blinds, until the sun-rises the generic backdrop is used. This was one of the complaints about Wake Up- they had a beautiful beach backdrop but during winter all you saw was black glass.

3 Likes

It will be consistent for the rest of the week. Daylight Savings ending means its lighter again in the morning and live backdrop for a while.

2 Likes

Which is why Today’s backdrop is a big winner for me.

So do you mean that Sunrise has the generic before sunrise and switches to Live after sunrise?

Exactly right because the backdrop would be darkness.

Sunrise won week 13 nationally by 64,000 the biggest winning margin since the Olympics. Sunrise won all markets except Sydney where there was a tie with Today.

5 Likes

When did Sunrise last win in Sydney?

Not sure, hasn’t won this year.

Sydney is a Today (and to a certain extent, Ch 9) Town then.

1 Like

Sydney has been a Nine city (to a certain extent) for a number of years now…

2 Likes