Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t think they are creating the “toxic” they are just living their lives. It’s the gossip rags that create the “toxic”

11 Likes

Yeah but that isn’t her fault that the media keeps on targeting her. Far as I’m concerned they just choose someone like her and constantly pick them to shreds same applies to Karl

I certainly don’t hold a particularly high opinion about the “articles” (for the lack of a more appropriate term) published or the general conduct of those gossip rags.

But at the same time, breakfast TV shows are produced by the news departments of their respective networks. Surely it’s not unreasonable to expect a professional image (both on screen and off screen) from the presenters of Sunrise or Today just like the presenters of any other news/current affairs program produced by Seven or Nine?

Of course not everyone will agree with me, but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

What has Sam done off air that wasn’t up to standard?

1 Like

Ahh so Sam replacing Mel a second time and in the process being less adequate than Mel in the job.

5 Likes

I meant as doing reports like Denham Hitchcock and Alex Cullen etc. She isn’t cut out for normal Sunrise IMO.

1 Like

But what specifically have Karl or Sam done that is unprofessional off-screen? I’m sure that the media could make as much a spectacle about Peter Overton or Virginia Trioli or Ann Sanders or anybody really if they thought it would help sell magazines.

If anything, unwanted media attention is a sign that Karl and Sam are actually excelling in their roles. The attention around them only helps to sell their respective shows to advertisers.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m struggling to find anything that Sam and Karl are doing that calls for them to be called “toxic”.

4 Likes

Such a strange comment. Like others, I’m struggling to understand your reasoning.

1 Like

Why would they get rid of Home and away? It rates well… Never been a fan of Sam presenting on weekday sunrise because I warmed to Mel more but they obviously put her there for a reason! Sunrise rates well and majority of us complain about Seven News and how they don’t rate well in Sydney especially, but I don’t think they should remove Sam if they are winning the ratings…

Her loss of credibility isn’t her fault that the media targets her. Far as I’m concerned she needs to do more special coverage events for Sunrise like Nat. I feel that once you go on morning tv for a while you lose your serious journalist features which was demonstrated when Sam filled in on Seven News Sydney in 2015 IIRC. Let her fill in on the 4pm News or 11:30 News once and a while to show she can actually be serious and is a decent journalist

2 Likes

Moving on please. This is the place for discussion on Sunrise. :wink:

6 Likes

Wednesday (15.03.17): Ryan Phelan is presenting sport.

1 Like

Sydneycitytv certainly went quiet.

1 Like

And they will continue to do so whilst ever she responds. I don’t agree with the media targeting her, but why wouldn’t they when she provides them with so much material due to her responses? Don’t respond and they’ll get bored and find another target.

2 Likes

Thursday (16.03.17): Michael Usher is co-hosting with Sam this morning. Ryan Phelan is presenting sport.

2 Likes

@nationalnews

Sam mentioned Kochie is suppose to return tomorrow morning, also Beretts is back tomorrow.

3 Likes

Beretts presenting sport from Melbourne this morning.

2 Likes

Sunrise won week 11 by 29,000 nationally. Today won in Sydney and Melbourne.

2 Likes

Sunrise won last week by 30,000. That is 22 straight weekly wins; the last time Today was ahead was October.

6 Likes

Sunrise’s five-city wins mean nothing if it does not consistently win in Sydney and Melbourne.