Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

David Koch turned 61 today.

2 Likes

Would love to see one of our talented mockers do a full package with the new headline supas. My attempts look amateurish!

2 Likes

NB: There is a slightly longer version currently airing.

2 Likes

Has anyone recorded the Cash Cow promos? I’ve only seen one but apparently there are more?

1 Like

@spw68 I’ve seen two promos (both cringeworthy IMO), but no caps.

In one promo the Cash Cow is on stage at the Oscars holding an envelope (I assume the correct ‘Best Picture’ winner).
In another promo the Cash Cow is waving with from a balcony of Buckingham Palace (I think … I wasn’t paying attention really) and this one is supposedly to do with the The Queen’s Baton Relay for GC 2018 … although I never would have guessed unless it was discussed during the show…

3 Likes

Sunrise won week 10 nationally by 12,000 with wins on every day except Wednesday while Today won in Sydney and Melbourne.

3 Likes

Seems like Sunrise gained some momentum over summer but Today are slowly getting their audience back.

1 Like

Maybe Karl being back is now being translated into a positive for the show?

The biggest shift this week was a drop in the Melbourne audience - Sunrise was beaten every day in that market.

1 Like

The biggest shift this week was a drop in the Melbourne audience - Sunrise was beaten every day in that market.

It’s related to Nine dominating in Melbourne in primetime led by the news and Married at First Sight.

2 Likes

Beretts is presenting sport live from London this morning.

4 Likes

@nationalnews

2 Likes

Good idea to have Eddy sitting in Beretts chair.

4 Likes

Nice to see that they have played with the colors of the set a bit lately.
I for one can’t stand that bloody blue lighting on that brick panel looking things. It’s a terrible piece on the set. Something else there would look much better - even if lit a different color!
Seeing the light across the bottom of it looks tacky as well

1 Like

There is also another promo thanking Australia for choosing sunrise. It’s made quite well, I’ll try and get a cap. Ends with the Martin place building and a crowd at the bottom with the Sunrise logo at the top.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, but then there is a lot of people who think he’s a…

As far as I’m concerned, both Samantha Armytage & Karl Stefanovic are just as toxic as each other.

3 Likes

You keep using that word. Toxic. Please explain.

1 Like

Do I really need to explain it?

The tendency of both Samantha Armytage and Karl Stefanovic to be a frequent gossip subject for certain print media outlets and in the headlines (often for very unfavourable reasons) is so off-putting for me and that’s why I see both Sam & Karl as toxic presenters. As a result, I rarely ever watch Sunrise or Today and surely I’m not the only one who feels this way?

You’re definitely in the minority. Figures show viewers are happy with the presenters of both shows at the moment.