Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Salty5h
Eddy is live from the Super Bowl in Houston this morning.

If I were Barretts I would not be very happy, it seems a strange decision. However I am sure he has gone to a SuperBowl before.

Berretts was involved with the Bathurst 12 hour race over the weekend based on his facebook page, so maybe it physically wasn’t possible, considering the time it takes to get to the US.

Edwina was on Fitzy & Wippa (nova96.9) this morning and she said she was doing a Bradbury, with being at the Super Bowl because Baretts and the other Seven sport guys couldn’t do it.

She was also joking that she didn’t really want to be there but at least she was there to see the half time show and it was something everybody else would like to tick off their bucket list.

Yeah Berretts was, I saw him there. He seems like a nice bloke

Eddy’s trip to America won’t just be for the Super Bowl,wouldn’t be surprised she will conducting some celebrity interviews for the show while she is there.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but what is with Sunrise’s cardboard box size stage up against the wall outside for Ed Sheeran? What happened to the the big stage and a band?

It would have been hard for Seven to apply for a permit from City of Sydney to block off part of Martin Place (given the crowd crush for Justin Bieber performance a few years ago)?

4 Likes

Looks a bit stingy but also Ed tends to perform solo so wouldnt need the bigger set up.

Plus budgets are not what they used to be.

2 Likes

Michael Usher was on the show this morning promoting tonight’s première of his new series.

3 Likes

Interesting use of the set

3 Likes

They could just use the news desk.

Businesses around the area launched complaints to the City of Sydney every time these types of events occurred. So that is why they are less frequent, as for the stage it’s on Sevens part of the building, if it was bigger it would need to be in the middle of Martin Place which has been done previously.

Also, Ed Sheeran can do acoustic versions of his music and they still sound brilliant, while other artists rely on putting on more of a “show”.

1 Like

The set actually looks somewhat decent, Even though there is a tennis ball attached to part of the set.

2 Likes

I just noticed that, that is really random lol

1 Like

What on earth?

2 Likes

That’s there to prevent the jib (crane cam) from hitting the balcony front.

In regards to the comments about the Sheeran setup, agree with all points of view. I just think it looked cheap in comparison to past performances.
But yes, council and permits are a factor.

2 Likes

That actually makes a lot of sense

1 Like

The only thing I don’t like about the set is that colour of blue behind the side plasmas.

3 Likes

Today, I watched SUnrise and noticed that Sam Mac read yesterdays weather details. He might have been confused.

4 Likes