Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Three presenters have been tried by 10 in Australia and haven’t really worked. I’ve read what you have said before about this on another thread but why Jason Dundas? The ratings are doing fine and show clearly that generally most people are happy with the way Sunrise is at the moment.

2 Likes

When Pell first took over he used 3 presenters for a week or 2 but then reverted it back to just the 2.

1 Like

I think it was for three days (Monday-Wednesday) with Sam (reading the news), Kochie and Nat. I actually quite liked it. However, I echo the comments that Sunrise is rating really well and like Seven News Sydney, I doubt anything is going to change for now.

1 Like

Found this on the web:

N.B: Credit and huge thanks to original uploader.

2 Likes

Seven should go back to being original and different. That was how they began dominating over Today.

2 Likes

um… have you seen the resent ratings? they are dominating.

4 Likes

Yes I have, and that was impressive given how they made a great comeback in then 2nd half of the year. However, just because ratings are dominating, doesn’t mean things shouldn’t change, although the change should evolve gradually IMO.

1 Like

There was a new live backdrop in Perth this morning, looks pretty decent. Hopefully Seven News Perth can use it to make the virtual set a bit better

1 Like

Nelson Aspen gave a interesting response on twitter to a viewer who said she gets concerned when she doesn’t see him on Sunrise, he said hopefully you’ll be seeing a lot more of me.

Let’s hope so!

3 Likes

Sunrise started to win weeks again in June and had 6 weekly wins between then an the Olympics. They also lost a few weeks after the Olympics but since late October have won every week.

3 Likes

I don’t know if many think the same but I happened to catch the Sunrise opener this morning (very rare because I’m never awake that early) but I have to say that Sunrise needs to remove the intro headline music. If your reporting about an attack with deaths and serious news I don’t really think it’s appropriate to have some happy music playing in the background. It belongs on something such as The Morning Show.

7 Likes

Yeah I noticed that they changed the headline music from their serious one from the relaunch to some “cold play style” music.

I would much prefer it if they used their new theme music from the 2010-2015 era. I think it would suit the current opener quite well.

I saw a new promo last night which focused solely on Sam Mac and his weather reports. It ended with something like " another reason why more people are switching to Australia’s favourite brekky show’ and had an endtag without the presenters. I thought it was so tacky trying to imitate Seven News’ promos of late.

1 Like

If anything, people are switching to Sunrise despite Sam Mac. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Just on Sam Mac isn’t it about time they add him to the end tag of the promos. He has been with the show for a year now.

4 Likes

Eddy is bound for the Super Bowl.

2 Likes

Extended edition tomorrow until 10am

3 Likes

Sunrise won last week by 44,000 nationally.

2 Likes

Eddy is live from the Super Bowl in Houston this morning.

1 Like