Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

So after they left the east coast at 10am AEDT, they stayed on air for another three hours in Perth?

Not too sure as I only tuned in for the last half hour, but I presume they wouldn’t go live for another 3 hours just for one state.

But do you really? Or is that just a (misplaced) gut feeling of the EP? I mean, if TODAY had an inside weather guy for a year, what is to say they wouldn’t be winning?

They quite possibly did as there was no Perth backdrop prior to 10am AEDT.

Every decision an EP makes is a mixture of gut and experience (and sometimes a bit of research). You might call it misplaced but the trend of having a roaming weather reporter continues to this day… for a reason.

All I can say is it didn’t feel right having weather stuck inside… it’s why Bolo sporadically sent me on the road with Monique to do crosses on location.

2 Likes

If you capped that from Perth than yes, it would be an extended local edition for Perth as the east coast was finished at 11am AEDST.

No, the east coast version finished at 10am AEDT.

1 Like

Whilst I didn’t watch all of WS yesterday, I am pretty sure here in Queensland the EPG said 5am-10am so maybe Sunrise did an extra hour for QLD too. @TV.Cynic Correct me if I am wrong.

Sunday (22.01.17): Mark Riley is co-hosting again this morning with Eddy.

Weekend Sunrise thumped Weekend Today yesterday.

1 Like

trumped? :wink: But unlike Today, Weekend Today relies on the Brisbane market (as Weekend Sunrise usually wins Melbourne) and from what I’ve seen, WT looses Brisbane without Stefanovic.

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:94, topic:2398, full:true”]
Love [Sunrise’s] use of their set this morning.
[/quote] Heaps of different set uses this weekend on Weekend Sunrise. Pell on holidays?

Poorly executed closer aired in Queensland today, I assume to save time for the tennis. However, from 9.54 until right on 10am ads played out:

3 Likes

Where’s the MAJOR BLOOPER?

1 Like

Weekend Sunrise seemed to have one of the better breakfast TV results in recent memory. Very solid result.

1 Like

Although I’m probably in the minority, I’d go as far as saying that WS deserves to win so much more than it currently does and definitely deserves.
to beat WT, throw things right at me now!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Mark Beretta is returning from holidays tomorrow.

1 Like

Fine it wasn’t a blooper but if they planned to have the closer cut in on a mid-interview, miss half the closer and play 6 minutes of ads then they need a new director. None of that video was edited. That is how it went to air.

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:2111, topic:69”]
I’d go as far as saying that WS deserves to win …[/quote]
I agree with you. For me Weekend Sunrise has always been much better than Weekend Today which is rather boring in comparison.

1 Like

other way around for me cant stand andrew o keffe

1 Like

[quote=“nationalnews, post:2113, topic:69, full:true”]

Fine it wasn’t a blooper but if they planned to have the closer cut in on a mid-interview, miss half the closer and play 6 minutes of ads then they need a new director. .[/quote]

Took me 3 watches to see what you were on about. To me it seems like the interview was ending with a light hearted comment so they cut away…

5 Likes

Yes it is pretty straight forward and a decent blooper to me. They cut the person off mid question in what they call a LIVE interview, cut back to studio with a new backdrop and two extra people who were mid sentence saying goodbye and a new backdrop. It would have been confusing to viewers. The clock even jumps 5 minutes!

2 Likes