Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“nationalnews, post:948, topic:69”]
As of Monday, Eddie will be on holidays for two weeks. It will be interesting to see what they do with entertainment. Pell might try ditching it but also try bringing back Nelson.
[/quote] Not sure about yesterday (Monday),but today Nelson Aspen is doing live crosses from Hollywood with all the entertainment news. Great to have him back in his former position. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Nelson back in the position that he should never have been removed from.

5 Likes

Kinda felt like those live crosses werent very live at all. Slightly pre-recorded for some reason.

Noticed they had Brownie on, talking about the unseasonal Autumn weather. Good to see :slight_smile: First in a long time.

They’d been using QLD’s Tony Auden a bit.

2 Likes

You just wonder if Edwina is going to come back to her position after the holiday

3 Likes

[quote=“MarkC, post:986, topic:69, full:true”]
You just wonder if Edwina is going to come back to her position after the holiday
[/quote] Especially since Sunrise reasonably defeated Today yesterday. Yeah maybe Sunrise had better guests, more money on this day, but presenters do play a part.

Good reason to listen to viewers and reverse some changes.

3 Likes

Certainly wouldn’t describe it as that…maybe back when it used to win by 100k! It’s more just back to the way it was in 2015.

2 Likes

Good win for Sunrise yesterday

2 Likes

Angela Cox said on twitter yesterday she is hosting Weekend Sunrise until the end of May when Monique will return from maternity leave.

2 Likes

I’d wondered for a few years now, whether Rebecca Maddern was considered to replace Mel Doyle at all? (Yes, it would have required her to move to Sydney or at least for weekdays)

Considering she had filled-in lots as co-host on Weekend Sunrise for many years, as well as The Morning Show.

(i.e.) Hadn’t Bec & Sam Armytage been at Seven for around the same time?

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:992, topic:69, full:true”]
I’d wondered for a few years now, whether Rebecca Maddern was considered to replace Mel Doyle at all? …Considering she had filled-in lots as co-host on Weekend Sunrise for many years, as well as The Morning Show. (i.e.) Hadn’t Bec & Sam Armytage been at Seven for around the same time?
[/quote] I highly doubt it, even though it would have been great. Boland had Natalie Barr and Kylie Gillies in mind while Pell was dead set focused on getting Sammy to the top gig. She did fill-in on TMS for a while and Weekend Sunrise for years, however I never seem to be able to recall her regularly co-hosting WS- more like rarely. I think other ATN and Sunrise stars like Monique Wright and Edwina Bartholomew would have been more likely to be considered as Mel’s predecessor before Bec.

3 Likes
2 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:23, topic:627”]
Edwina Bartholomew – …will be in Rio 2016 for Sunrise reporting on all of the fun and frivolities in her adventurous style.
[/quote] So Sunrise won’t be live at the Olympics then? Haven’t they usually travelled to the city and presented the whole edition from over there- 2008 Beijng Olympics?

1 Like

What rubbish PR speak.

Im not sure that sunrise will air during the olympics. It will be between 5pm and 8pm in Rio at the time Sunrise would air, prime time for finals etc. I could be wrong.

Yep, they would be showing events live at that time.

[quote=“Tv Tonight, , topic:69”]
Seven will deliver coverage 22 hours a day, drawing upon 3 channels (7, 7TWO, 7mate), Live streaming on a 7Olympics app, plus Seven News and Sunrise coverage. Source.
[/quote] Would be stupid not to. It is a great opportunity for additional viewers.

Sally Bowrey is on holidays this weekend.

Rebecca Maddern is still listed on the website.