Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

6 Likes

Saturday 8 August-

Mark Beretta is co-hosting with Monique again this weekend.

9 Likes

Week 32 was won by Sunrise, down slightly from the week before. News Breakfast ranked second, 55,000 lower than Sunrise with Today third a couple of thousand lower. It was fairly close across the week for second place with 2 wins each and a tie. Today was even with last week while News Breakfast rated higher.

All three continue to rate higher than the equivalent week of 2019.

6 Likes

With Sam and Eddy working reduced days and Nat in the anchor chair I think it would be a great opportunity to get Beretts on News/Sport if the occasion arises.

It’s refreshing seeing him in the anchor chair on WS and personally think he is better than Matt.

2 Likes

Are you referring to Kochie? Because I don’t think Eddy is working reduced days anymore.

When she came back from maternity leave she was initially only coming in 3 days, but she has been reading the news now for over three weeks straight, so I assume she’s gone back to 5 days a week.

He was great on Weekend Sunrise this weekend and had great chemistry with both Mon and Sally. I wonder if he’ll now be the first in-line for Matt, instead of Basil, in the long-term, as it’s probably logistically easier and cheaper than flying Basil over.

He’s a hard working man, and is now owed 4 days of leave for filling in on Weekend Sunrise the last couple of weekends, plus usual mid-year holidays, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s off for two weeks at some point.

I’d prefer it if they brought in a separate newsreader, such as Angela Cox or Monique Wright, that’s one of their points of difference to Today.

6 Likes

Herald Sun reports Sam Mac will connect with Victorian viewers via Zoom every day this week, as he has relatives and friends in the state. He told the paper he would promote small businesses and performers, and even host a virtual pub quiz.
This is from his Instagram last week.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDaxQLhn_Jp/

Just showing some :blue_heart: Tag a Victorian mate or family member below to let them know you’re thinking of them :facepunch: This can be a very scary & lonely time, so those tags, phone calls, facetimes, zooms, dm’s, texts etc actually make an enormous difference :wave: & if anyone is really struggling or just wants some support dealing with this unprecedented s(h)ituation, there’s excellent support ANYTIME at @ruokday @beyondblueofficial @lifelineaustralia @kidshelplineau

5 Likes

Is Sam supposed to be returning tomorrow morning? Was it mentioned at the end of today’s show whether she’s coming back tomorrow?

3 Likes

We have mock threads for this.

4 Likes

Sam’s still on leave.

2 Likes

Won’t happen, but would love to see 7 hire Natarsha Belling and pair her up with Matt on Weekend Sunrise. Those 2 belong together IMO.

7 Likes

As good as it would be, I doubt it would happen (as you said).

I highly doubt they’re going to change any of the presenters on Weekend Sunrise when they are the most watched weekend breakfast show, week in week out.

5 Likes

Why would they muck around with the winning combo they already have?

5 Likes

Sam back tomorrow.

9 Likes

Sam will be back tomorrow morning.

On her most recent Instagram post, she said that her mum has been gravely ill for a while and has been in hospital recently, and her dad recently collapsed and had a stroke. Hopefully they’ll both be okay.

That most likely explains why she was away for a second week, as she was caring for them.

3 Likes

I would certainly hope not. They were a great team at Ten but wouldn’t necessarily work for Seven’s Sunrise or their news programs for that matter.

1 Like

Matt Doran isn’t the answer. I’m just not sure what the question is.

Reason why Sam has been off air this week

3 Likes

Happens nearly everyday now. Today:

Kochie: “Time for the rest of the day’s news, here’s Eddy.”

Nat: “Thank. You.

:laughing:

4 Likes

Elle Georgio presenting Perth’s sunrise news today

4 Likes