Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Friday (19.06.2020): Nat is co-hosting with Sam today. Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news.

11 Likes

Replace that display. It’s so burnt and probably won’t work shortly lol.

8 Likes

Not a fan of the “sunrise” logo in the middle

With Queensland reopening its borders in the coming weeks, I’d like to think that Simon Reeve will soon return to presenting sport from the Martin Place studios sometime next month.

6 Likes

It really shouldn’t make any difference now - if you have a legitimate reason to travel (e.g. work) you can easily get a permit. Queenslands can fly to Sydney now and get a permit to return.

5 Likes

Another win for Sunrise this week. The average rating was however down week-on-week. Today also slipped while News Breakfast improved on the previous week. Today’s highest number was on Wednesday with 208,000 with all other days rating below 200,000. Sunrise and Today rated at the same level as week 11 before COVID had an impact while News Breakfast averaged approx 15,000 more. Sunrise was 70,000 ahead of Today and almost 60,000 ahead of News Breakfast.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, did that mean News Breakfast came 2nd for the week?

1 Like

That’s correct.

Weekend Sunrise have added their logo to the promo in the form of a bug (previously it was just the weekday one even for weekends).

Also, here’s the newer promo end card:

8 Likes

Sam Armytage has moved to a Tue-Fri roster with Nat picking up Monday’s as co-host. Nat is now co-host 2 days a week (Mon & Fri) with Kochie having Fridays off.

9 Likes

So Annette Sharp was right? Despite Sam’s denials?

Yes considering Craig McPherson told News Corp today that Armytage requested a reduced working week

3 Likes

And the beginning of the inconsistency begins. This is what viewers hated about Today back when Deb did Mondays and Cam did less day’s to host Weekend Today. This might not be good long term.

2 Likes

Very messy and unsustainable. Predict it won’t last beyond the end of the year.

3 Likes

Sounds good to me.
Now I’d like to see the promos featuring the 3 hosts on the end boards etc.

Alternatively Monique and Matt could’ve done Fridays and Sam and Kochie both have Fridays off.

6 Likes

I actually think they should make Nat a 3rd host on Tues-Thu and make Eddy the newsreader 5 days a week so there is some consistency.

8 Likes

I agree the inconsistency will not be good long term. However, Nat is so familiar to Sunrise viewers that it might barley make much difference. They expect her to be a major part of the show and she steps in so often anyway.

Only have your main hosts do three days a week together however is an interesting situation and one, I agree, won’t be super long term.

5 Likes

Interesting developments it’s good that we have Nat in the host chair 2 days a week, viewers are use to Nat hosting when Sam or Kochie are away anyway.

3 Likes

Wonder if there’s more to this than is being let on: Sam had a lot of time off this year and could still be quite unwell. The four days could be a medical suggestion given how her illness would affect her work.

1 Like

There’s lots of possible reasons but none of them are our business.

3 Likes