Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Obviously i missed it. What did she say?

In Andrews’ press conference he stated that there will be a pupil free day on May 25th with a staggered start for students to return to school from May 26th, following the press conference Samantha said something along the lines of that the students have already had three months of pupil free days.

I wouldn’t exactly call remote learning from home pupil free days.

2 Likes

I think it’s only some of the early and higher senior years starting on May 26th and every other grade (probs Yr 3 to Yr 10) starting June 9

1 Like

fuck, it’s almost like teachers have to prepare to shift students back into the classroom after essentially re-writing a term’s worth of classes for online learning.

Some critical thinking skills wouldn’t go astray here

8 Likes

Shows her lack of understanding when she makes throw away comments.

6 Likes

Ratings by city for breakfast TV are included in today’s post. In Adelaide and Perth ,Sunrise rated higher than the combined audience of the other 2 breakfast programs.

4 Likes

Ryan Phelan hosting with Monique this morning.

6 Likes

To my knowledge this must be the first time Ryan has co-hosted either Sunrise or Weekend Sunrise since joining Seven in 2013.

1 Like

I seem to vaguely remember Ryan hosting Weekend Sunrise once or twice with Sam, must have been when he first joined the network then, a few years ago. He also hosted the weekday edition, when the team was in transit following the closing ceremony of the 2016 Olympics. But, yeah, not very often.

3 Likes

Matt MIA again?

Sunrise’s average audience for last week improved 17,000 and was well over 300,000 again - every episode except Friday was over 300,000. News Breakfast posted a 5,000 gain and was 80,000 behind in second place. Today, though every episode was over 200,000, was down slightly week-on-week in third place for the 8th consecutive week, this time 20,000 behind News Breakfast.

Compared to week 11, before the COVID-19 effect hit ratings, Sunrise is up an average 44,000, News Breakfast is up 35,000 while Today is up 13,000.

5 Likes

IIRC, Ryan hosted with Sam on Monday August 8 2016 (day one of the Rio Olympics), because Nat, Kochie and Beretts were still in transit from Rio, where the three of them broadcasted from the previous week.

Was a surprise to see Ryan host. Wonder why Beretts or Chris Reason couldn’t host.

3 Likes

Do you need to know everything he does?

He does seem to be away alot.

Do you need to respond to every post?

We were having a discussion previously about how much time off Matt seems to be having from the weekend show.

Exactly.

Perhaps he’s exhausted from having re-voiced another dodgy true crime doco Seven picked up on the cheap from TMZ. Must be soul destroying to have your journalism experience wasted by your employer in that manner.

He did the special the other night and did some hosting of The Latest plus weekdays during summer and bushfire coverage on weekdays… maybe he’s owed a few days off? Or maybe he’s filming something else? Or maybe he’s attending to something with his ill mother?

5 Likes

I did wonder that. About your last point. And was moreso wondering if they’d mentioned why he was away.

I don’t get this pre-occupation with needing to know why a presenter isn’t on air. Surely the reason for absence is between the presenter and his/her superiors and is nobody else’s business. When I take a day off I don’t feel the need to justify it with anyone but my boss. Not even my colleagues need to know why I’m not at work and I don’t feel I need to give them a reason if I don’t want to.

9 Likes

You must be new here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes