Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I’m pretty sure that The Morning Show will be running the same (or very similar) graphics as last year.

In any case, these shows are just padding around the infomercials as KVZ rightfully pointed out! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Both are screens. I think we will probably also see both the couch and desk being positioned in front of the big window on the corner at times as well.

I agree, and they don’t need to be changed. I’m sure they will have a few new backdrop graphics though to take advantage of the huge new screens and various set pieces but nothing major.

I’m more interested to see The Daily Edition. Surely they aren’t planning to dump that crappy $2 shop desk down in the middle of that gorgeous new set.

1 Like

This thread is temporarily closed, with all relaunch discussion to be held in here.

The normal thread will open again in due course.

3 Likes

Ratings for yesterday

Sunrise’s new look won the breakfast battle with 344,000 while Today had 329,000.

Gee not by much given all the hype they created around it. Think this may be a very close year in Brekky TV

2 Likes

I’ve been watching the 7 Perth feed of Sunrise this morning.

The transition to Sunrise Perth News is absolutely terrible.

Half way through the News with Nat Barr, mid story. “Sunrise Perth News” appears on the screen and Matt Tinney appears.

At the end, he said “Now it’s over to Sam”, and it cut back to the desk with Samantha Armytage mid-sentence saying “am Mac you’re here with the weather”.

1 Like

Surely being on a two or three hour delay they could work it so it is a smooth transition? It’s not like they are cutting in and out of live programming which can be problematic.

1 Like

Why in this day and age with our cities having such chronic traffic and people spending 45 minutes in their cars every morning, why doesn’t Sunrise actually commit to doing traffic reports that actually could help their viewers.

The ones they have are pointless. 30 seconds, 65% of it is a commercial for Mazda. And the chick says “the m4 is backed up this morning. Get the new Mazda 3 now for $24,999 drive away” and goes right into the ad. We see her mug for 20 seconds and a shot of 1 road for 10 seconds at that is is. Useless. Pointless.

Bris, Syd, Mel and Perth have chronic traffic problems and people spend hours a day commuting. The show is on the air 3.5 hours - surely they can devote some time to something that could actually help their viewers.

Traffic maps of metro areas showing where jams are. And travel times. And cameras from the road authorities. Actually help people navigate the traffic so instead of saying “The M4 is jammed up” say something like “The M4 is a crawl from Parramatta to the city. If you get of and take Parramatta Road you can save at least 10 minutes” and put travel times up in graphics.

For example:
M1 Hornsby -> City 47 minutes
M4 Penrith -> Parramatta 38 minutes
M7 Campbelltown - > Ryde 29 minutes

KEYE Austin, USA Traffic Report

The 3D mapping technology all the stations have and use for weather reports. The traffic speeds are all avail from Google traffic. The cameras are all avail online form the various road authorities. They could be done live and local or pre-recorded at each station.

I can’t believe Sunrise or Today doesn’t offer this. Even tiny cities (under a million) in Canada and the US have this.

2 Likes

Isn’t that what Breakfast radio is for? :wink: They usually have an accurate and extensive report.

They are really struggling since the new format began. The 7am Perth news didnt begin until 7.18 this morning, and even then they cut into a story similar to your example. The whole thing is a shambles. They should either commit to a full half hour (like Today) or do away with it.

Id prefer the latter.

This post was pointless.

Nothing will change. It’s a traffic repory from a company who make money from other companies promoting…

You could say exactly the same thing for news, sport weather.

1 Like

That’s the big problem with shows like Sunrise which are becoming less about the news and more about entertainment.

I’m not a fan of Today Perth News, 3-4 local news stories, then it’s just a re-hash of national news that we have already received from the main feed, plus the endless fluff & fill pieces.
I much prefer the principle of the Sunrise Perth News format, a short sharp 5-6 min of local news/sport/weather, done well.
Yes, the transition definitely needs improvement, I’m sure it will be worked on once the new Sunrise format is settled.
IMO Sunrise should do a local capital city insert in each state and leave Nat to do national/international stories. That way there would be a smooth transition to each states insert and nothing would be missed from the main feed.

Sam Mac is absolutely hilarious! Great choice IMO!!!

4 Likes

Thats why I said id prefer they do away with it. Tinney is annoying and overbearing. Not to mention the obvious transition issues.

Sorry, I should have said I prefer the principle of the Sunrise Perth News format. . .
Yes Matt Tinney leaves much to be desired, his summer fill-in’s were a welcome improvement.

1 Like

I mean, this morning he read two stories then went straight into sport, a preview of an actual Sunrise show story and weather. Give it up.