Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

So the pre-recording continues this morning with a Niall Horan interview and performance that was quite obviously recorded at some time in the last week, in fact I think I saw someone mention on social media or on here when he was in studio recording the interview but it’s disappointing to see this trend continue…

There was an audience holding smartphones outside Brekky Central during the taping. Obviously it wasn’t live at all given no “live” bug during the interview.

2 Likes

Once again, an interview was pre-recorded

4 Likes

13 Likes

I am all for the pre-recorded appearances. If we are only going to hear artists who make themselves available at 7am in the morning, I do not know how much Rhonda Burchmore and Patti Newton I can handle whilst I enjoy my coco pops.

3 Likes

Ratings for Katy Perry’s appearance on Sunrise fairly disappointing - 299,000 just ahead of Today with 295,000.

There were quite a few people outside the window. I couldn’t recognise who it was performing. Another office worker asked who it was and one of the girls said Niall Horan from One Direction which was when some walked away. :laughing:

It was me who mentioned it here. It was lunchtime Thursday when I was picking up a cake from a shop near Martin Place and waiting at the bus stop. :wink:

But if they can’t be there live, would you rather not see these performance at all?

4 Likes

Post was dated 29 June 2017 4 days before the show aired

The big event performances always used to be live and the stars were always happy to show up at 7am and do their thing. Remember the last time Katy Perry was on and they got bumper ratings for the big concert at the Opera House?

I don’t mind having a few pre-recorded performances where there are scheduling conflicts (or security/logistical issues) but I think they should be upfront about it and say “Niall couldn’t be here this morning because he had xyz so he popped in over the weekend and we had a chat” or whatever. People are either going to sit and watch the performance or not, they’re not going to suddenly say “oh well this performance isn’t live so I’m going to watch Today instead”.

5 Likes

Did they? I seem to recall that none of these special concerts do much better than regular eps.

October 2013 - Sunrise had its biggest audience of the year with a Katy Perry concert live from the outdoor stage at the Sydney Opera House with an average audience of 484,000.

6 Likes

Well nearly 200,000 less watch it yesterday

1 Like

I agree with you but at the same time she is a hell of a lot bigger than the demands of an Australian morning show. In the past she was probably able to do the concerts due to $$ that sunrise pay, as well as her scehdule. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out.

1 Like

Is that the cash cow at today’s Ekka launch? Perhaps a close relative.

2 Likes

Angela Cox is presenting Entertainment news this morning.Nelson presented Monday -Thursday this week.

2 Likes

Really don’t understand why she left Weekend Sunrise?
If they wanted Sally Bowrey to do news, Ange could’ve done the entertainment.
But really she was replacing Talitha in the first place not Sally. Sally was on entertainment before going on leave.

1 Like

Sam disappeared towards the end this morning. Nat hosted the last segment. But they had a pre-record closer (well it looked it was) with the team at the desk. No interaction like they usually do with Larry and Ang at the end either

1 Like

Must have been on her way to holiday on James Packers Yacht also

7 Likes

Why has Angela Cox still not left to go on holidays yet? After all that was why she left Weekend Sunrise a few weeks ago or was it only an excuse to allow Sally Bowrey back into the news role.

Technically, it appears, Ange was filling-in for Sally who was filling-in for Talitha.

I would say it would be the latter. Her contract likely would have finished.

1 Like