Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I think it was more a “who is he” as in to wanting to know who it is that feels they can’t use their name.

Overall today’s show was rubbish. I don’t understand why they didn’t go to Melbourne, especially when it’s a market they are losing.
I actually sat through my first Today Show today, and although their OB’s aren’t as good as Sunrise I actually still quite enjoyed it.
Sunrise was just all giggles and Kochie seeming like he was in a mood.

I agree, although I daresay that Sunrise probably didn’t go to Melbourne for the Logies because most of the network is unofficially boycotting the event.

2 Likes

[quote=“Leostar, post:1130, topic:69”]
I think it was more a “who is he” as in to wanting to know who it is that feels they can’t use their name.
[/quote] Still my point , why does she think that she deserves to know in front of the public when Waleed specifically said his identity was to be kept unknown?[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1131, topic:69”]
I agree, although I daresay that Sunrise probably didn’t go to Melbourne for the Logies because most of the network is unofficially boycotting the event.
[/quote] It shows Pell had no confidence in Sunrise winning the News or Panel show Logie… It seems to be more that the 7 news and current affairs is on strike as Better Homes and Gardens and Home and Away had excessive members.

I actually sat through my first Today Show today, and although their OB’s aren’t as good as Sunrise I actually still quite enjoyed it.
[/quote] And most of Today’s content was shown/discussed last night so that says a lot about Sunrise :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read on The Age that seven apparantly were not allowed to do an OB at crown.

2 Likes

Oh that’s right. My apologies. I do remember hearing that they didn’t go due to not being able to get permit.
Odd that Eddie and guests could sit outside in the location that the OB would normally be though…
Must have been to do with size and amount of crew… Or Nine sabotaged ha :wink:

I don’t understand why they didn’t go to Melbourne, especially when it’s a market they are losing.
[/quote] Quite clearly, it wouldn’t have hurt. The ratings support your theory.

New backdrop featured in Sunrise’s Perth News with Matt Tinney as of yesterday I believe.

OLD

NEW

4 Likes

^ Gosh those graphics are horrid

3 Likes

Appeared to be a live shot too with traffic and people passing behind him.

Saturday (14.05.16)- Sunday (15.05.16): Ryan Phelan is on sport and Angela Cox is doing the weather. Ange is actually really good at that too, although I am not sure why they didn’t just get Sally Bowrey to do it as well as the Entertainment News.

Interesting article about Sam not going to Rio due to wanting to have a child in the future out this morning.

Report says Kochie, Eddy and Nat will lead the broadcast.

1 Like

Daily Telegraph reporting all the important issues. I am sure Mark Beretta will be essential as well in Olympic Sunrise.

Interesting confessions by Sam about the ratings too in the linked article:

Good God. What a ridiculous article.

2 Likes

This is an occasion where I don’t share the outrage about a ‘celebrity’ story. The Zika virus threat has been incredibly well documented over precious months, in fact over the past week one North American study recommended the Games be postponed over it. It’s made some top Olympians from around the world seriously consider if it is worth attending given the proven links to deformities in children. It seems right then that The Daily Telegraph would ask about the plans of one of TV’s most recognisable faces. Sorry guys, it’s fun to jump at the tabloid nature of some of these articles but on this occasion they have a valid angle.

7 Likes

I agree with what you’re saying. I didn’t find the article tacky like some of the other puff pieces the Tele like to do on media personalities. Truth is the virus is a real threat in that region, and I say good on Sam if she chooses not to go.

I must have interpreted the article differently. IMO, the bottom line of the article is not about raising awareness or highlighting the facts about the Zika virus but to create controversy that Samantha Armytage is going to have a baby.

Information about Olympic Sunrise:

I’m not sure how how a female having a baby is in any way controversial or how you got that from the article.

[quote=“OnAir, post:1146, topic:69”]
I’m not sure how how a female having a baby is in any way controversial
[/quote] Never said it was (BTW, not every woman will/want to have a baby). The Daily Telegraph likes to write articles about Samantha Armytage one way or another. And going by Sam’s Instagram, she doesn’t seem to give the article credit- except for creating ‘chatting’.

[quote=“OnAir, post:1146, topic:69”]
how you got that from the article.
[/quote] For a start the headline is created in a way so people will click and read it- the word Zika or virus don’t apperar. And then about 75% of the article is about Sunrise, Today and Samantha Armytage. And only three sentences in the entire article, other than Sam’s quotes, talk about the disease. The article is based about Samantha Armytage not about the virus.

That’s how headlines work dude. Whether they be in news print or online. They are meant to draw the reader in to the article. While it was implied she was pregnant in the headline I don’t think it was over click baity, ‘You won’t believe why Sam Armytage isn’t going to Rio’ could have done that.

It’s still in the gossip section so it makes sense for it it focus on Armytage. The Zika virus has been covered well elsewhere and of course the focus is going to be about Armytage given its placement. The reader isn’t interested in the history of the Zika virus but what Armytage’s reasoning is.

4 Likes

Something is in the waters at Brekky Central as Sally Bowrey announces pregnancy.