Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

This is a wonderful ANZAC day service and a Sunrise tradition. How many years have they televised this now?

3 Likes

Eddy was back this morning. She didn’t appear on the desk or the couch however and it felt much better. That being said, they crossed to her a few times to present the entertainment reports and she did an in studio interview with Josh Groban.

Sam and Kochie threw to Nelson for the final entertainment report - however I suspect this was due to Eddy hosting The Morning Show with Larry.

Sidebar - how fantastic is Michelle Tapper?!

3 Likes

The Currumbin Surf Club enforcing their Sunrise ban has been in place for many years now after the manner the Sunrise cast and crew behaved the first year. The ‘circus rolling into town’ isn’t appreciated by many locals hence Sunrise being forced to set up quite a ways down the beach from the actual service.

I’m honestly surprised that Sunrise just don’t do their traditional ANZAC Day broadcasts from Martin Place. Afterall, isn’t Sydney’s main ANZAC Day dawn Service usually held just over the road from Seven?

3 Likes

Starting to enjoy Sunrise again. It’s going along nicely. The set is looking a bit better with subtle variations in positioning, camera angles, colours etc. Loving Sam Mac -a bit of fun in the mornings,

1 Like

[quote=“spw68, post:1048, topic:69”]
Starting to enjoy Sunrise again
[/quote] And the ratings are becoming stronger too. Tuesday saw a tie between Early Today and Sunrise ( in addition to the tie from 7-9).

1 Like

David Koch: "Should ASIC be investigating Channel 9?"
Where’s the face palm emoji when you need it?

And Sunrise won Wednesday (yesterday) by a significant amount.

1 Like

To be fair that was in response to a comment by a previous guest (forget who) that suggested since Lebanon is somewhat influenced nationally by Hezbollah - so is making a payment indirectly financing such an organisation.

Personally however I don’t think he needed to ask the Minister the question.

So is it correct that Sunrise is ahead in the ratings week-to-date, and today’s result will determine who takes the week?

yes - 5,000 ahead at the moment

2 Likes

[quote=“spw68, post:1052, topic:69”]
Sunriae is ahead in the ratings week-to-date
[/quote] Very interesting however I think there is one strong reason why. MKR has been running on Wednesday and Thursday nights (usually really poor programming) and no doubt that has slightly impacted the ratings for Sunrise. However, in saying that, I think Today will have it in the bag again this week having Sylvia hosted.

Isn’t Thursday only this week? We don’t know the impact on today’s ratings yet??

2 Likes

Sunrise and The Morning Show stars MIA again .[quote=“spw68, post:1055, topic:69”]
Isn’t Thursday only this week?
[/quote] Good point but even in previous years, on Border Security is on Wednesday giving Sunrise poorer ratings the following morning.

Given how massive MKR was at the start of the year and they were still loosing by significant margins I don’t think it as big an impact as you (and even I) would initially imagine.

People could just be getting more used to Sunrise’s new look (I know I have), hangover of the 60 Mins saga for the 9 News department which includes Today, people gave Today a solid sample but are turning back. OR we are in one of those period of ratings where there will be a big flip-flop over the next few months which, hopefully, will yield the best shows on both sides of the coin.

4 Likes

Any word on the new Melbourne Sunrise Correspondent?

Will be the 4th in 5 years (Nuala Hafner > Nick Etchells > Rebecca Maddern).

I’ve seen Jade Robran (sports reporter), Tracy McBeth & Estelle Griepink filling-in the role on recent weeks.

Surely it’ll be Michael Felgate?

He’s been the main fill-in for Bec in recent two years. He’s also really good and was the other veteran at Seven Melbourne (to Bec Maddern) :slight_smile:

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:1058, topic:69”]
I’ve seen Jade Robran (sports reporter), Tracy McBeth & Estelle Griepink filling-in the role on recent weeks.
[/quote] And Michael Scanlan.

1 Like

Any update on this week’s close ratings race?

I[quote=“inthewild, post:1057, topic:69”]
People could just be getting more used to Sunrise’s new look (I know I have), hangover of the 60 Mins saga for the 9 News department which includes Today, people gave Today a solid sample but are turning back.
[/quote]
I think it’s both. Sunrise made significant changes which made it feel so different, people tested out the opposition. I think they’re not convinced they like the alternative and now they’ve switched back they’ve noticed the look and feel of Sunrise is back closer to what it was before.
I think we’ll see a tussle for a while but I think long term Sunrise will come out on top. If people genuinely liked Lisa and Karl that much more, they would’ve switched years ago.

1 Like

Sally Bowrey is back from two weeks holiday this weekend.

Also as of Sunday 24.04.16, Sunrise has made modifications to their set with the white box with the lights ( behind Sam and Kochie) has been alternated to match the lining behind Eddy. I will post an image soon.

2 Likes

Yet another win to WS yesterday. They’re really on a roll now…

2 Likes