Sunrise

3 Likes

So how do we not see any changing background when it’s just a quick change of shot, and where is the desk and chairs and the other presenters? They’re not that far away from the raised platform.
So they must be moving the desks etc…

Intro to the show:

Nat’s cross to Shirvo (must be from the soft set):

Very next shot, not even a transition used:

3 Likes

Insufferable television.

2 Likes

Wide angle lenses…?

Look at the angle of the arch behind Nat. She does the end of the first story from a different position so as to allow her to move / not be seen in Matt’s shot.

2 Likes

That’s what I said originally.

This morning’s Federal Budget reports.
“The budget that’s dividing the nation” is the headline but then they go on to say that even the Opposition is not opposed to the measures.
Sunrise used to pride itself on its sensible no-BS approach but they’ve become so sensationalist with their headlines in recent years.

And no balance on Hot Topics with Jacqui Lambie replacing the government side of the conversation, along with the opposition.

1 Like

The budget in 50 seconds (pre-recorded and shown more than once).

Later

6 Likes

Why have the same background on both screens? Surely you want thr vertical to stand out!

4 Likes

Nat’s turn this morning

In Brisbane

2 Likes

That set shot looks epic

2 Likes

While discussing iMessage trouble this morning Shirvo revealed that he does not have a work phone - “Still news in the job”. Nat suggested “that’ll make a headline”.

6 Likes

I had a work phone once but was kind of pointless.

3 Likes

Why would he (they) need a work phone?

2 Likes

Kochie has one too

1 Like

So he can make calls, jump on zoom planning meetings etc for his job.

Give out his work number for contacts etc.

Seems like it be a fairly small business expense for 7.

7 Likes

It’s common practice for networks to provide their employees with work phones, primarily so they don’t have to hand out their personal phone number.

4 Likes

Fair and makes sense but I didn’t think auto cue readers like Nat and Shirvo would need one. And I guess 7 do too if Shirvo doesn’t have one.

Necessary? Why are you trying to degrade them like that?

2 Likes

Though these days you don’t need a separate work phone - just a work number with an e-SIM that you program into your personal phone that then has 2 numbers. Easier than carrying 2 mobiles.

5 Likes

:roll_eyes: Relax. Cut the faux outrage. I’m not trying to degrade anyone. I’m just saying I could understand journalists in the field needing phones for sources/ contacts etc, I just didn’t understand the need for in studio staff to have them when they simply come into work and have everything done for them by the producers and roaming journalists. They don’t really have the need to contact anyone out of the office.

1 Like