Sunrise

My understanding is all breakfast updates are done the night before.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm whether the breakfast updates are live?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say that. Gold Coast’s most congested road and a Sydney factory fire are quite hyper-local stories with little national relevance.

1 Like

What tomorrow and see if they actually report on any breaking news overnight. I think you’ll find they don’t. The stories are usually very general in nature to disguise the fact they’ve been pre-recorded in excess of 12 hours earlier.

3 Likes

Not all the time, but often enough

Promo tonight for the Bill Barrel…

1 Like

Fri 24.3.2023: Nat and Shirvo hosting with Monique on news. Katie Brown presenting weather.
Nathan Currie reporting from Brisbane this morning.

4 Likes

A very tired and sunburnt Beretts reporting from Sandstone Point.

3 Likes

Eddy is reporting on the start of the 2023 Coastrek in Sydney.

4 Likes

The first cross to CommSec didn’t work. Nathan Currie managed to find league fans at 4:43 am in the morning at the “McDonald’s around the corner from Suncorp stadium”.

4 Likes

Sam Mac will be at Disneyland, California next week for the weather.

5 Likes

This looks new

3 Likes

It’s the CommSec studio, nothing to do with Seven.

1 Like

Ahh :weary: I was literally thinking damn this looks good. Thought it might have been like a sneak peak of a new sunrise studio :rofl:

7 Likes

As foxy said. The Commsec studio has been around for a few years now.

5 Likes

This argument doesn’t really hold up.

Locally, markets of around 500,000 and up have live breakfast news in Canada and the US for anywhere from 1 to 5 hours.

Additionally US stations get much lower viewership than in Australia due to a multitude of options across cable like fox n friends cnn and morning Joe. Plus dozens more.

For example, Sydney (market population around 5 million) gets far more people watching broadcast tv at 6am then say Washington. Miami or Philly also with Market pops of 5 million or so.

In Canada and the Us Markets down to around Newcastle/NNSW and Tasmania would have local news at breakfast time. Complete with 2 anchors, weather and traffic reporters.

Global Peterborough is the 32nd largest market In Canada. Around 150,000 in the entire market. What is that the same as Townsville or Darwin? They have local news 6-9am

It’s the same story in the US

1 Like

Yeah they have local news from 4am-7am (before going to Today or GMA, but still have local news and weather windows), then usually 5,6,7pm, then 10 or 11pm local news.

1 Like

I love the way Eddy, Beretts and JT are involved in these community events/fundraisers.

7 Likes

The way local stations make money is a lot different to Australi though, but I still can’t figure out how they can’t make local news on 10 work, it’s bizarre.

1 Like