Sunrise

7NEWS Queensland sports reporter Katie Brown will permanently join the Sunrise team in 2023.

The news comes months after Katie filled in for weather presenter Sam Mac when he went on paternity leave in September.

The reporter announced the exciting news on Sunday, sharing a carousel of photos from her stint on the breakfast show.

“Oi friends, I’m joining @sunriseon7 full-time in January for more thumbs up moments & feeling like the luckiest girl in the world :+1::face_holding_back_tears::sob::hot_face::white_heart:,” she captioned the post.

Brown is set to take on a roving reporter role that has been made just for her as part of a new two-year deal.

7 Likes

Hopefully this means a new look and feel (and set!)

“I think as we start to share more about what that looks like, what the set looks like, and what the show will feel like, people who are lifelong Sunrise viewers will say that we’ve paid a huge amount of respect to that.

“There’s only so much retrofitting you can do. We’re so limited with size – an incredible amount of live television comes out of a very, very small space.

“In this next location, it’ll be about the combination of still keeping it feeling very comfortable and homely, but bringing in all of that new technology that allows us to ultimately tell stories better.”

4 Likes

Far out. ‘Bianca’ from Sea FM on the Newsfeed/Hot topics segment just then was absolutely painful. What a terrible segment with terrible topics.

1st December tomorrow… I want a full analyst of what type of Christmas trees they use on set. :joy:

2 Likes

Trees are similar to last year and can be wheeled around the set.

8 Likes

Same trees as Today??

1 Like

Very similar - the red and green ones.

Reported last year they get them from

2 Likes

Tree overload again this year.

3 Likes

Yes, way too much. It’s a pity the network’s are stuck on the same Christmas tropes every year. I’d like to see something a bit more Australian - perhaps a pile of sand in the corner with beach ball and umbrella …

3 Likes

It’s way too much… Also, the colours blend too much into the set.

3 Likes

Yes I totally agree - remove the winter themed trees with snow flakes

1 Like

You think? I don’t t think they blend at all.
A couple don’t have a top or point?

1 Like

Why on earth are they winter themed?! Were they on sale or the clearance section?

I don’t understand the obsession with overloading a tree to make it look like a junk pile. They look awful.

4 Likes

It’s the same company as last year… they’re doing both Sunrise and Todays Christmas trees. Basically, they get them for free and the Christmas tree company can showcase an arrangement of trees that they can offer.

Studio 10 seems to winning this race :joy:

1 Like

Controversial but the Gold Coast Christmas trees look better then the junk 7 ones.

1 Like

Sunrise has never done Christmas decorations well. Really awful trees this year. Quite strange that the network cannot get something so basic right.

1 Like

Where has Cash Cow gone, I remember she used to be a regular feature
Ik about the sms crap but didn’t they say in a press release eariler this year that they were trying “other solutions”?

Maybe cash grab is a result of the experimentation but it could also be them trying to tone the show down??

2 Likes

Amazing that presenters from Australia were apparently the first to broadcast live from Buckingham Palace, coming from so far away!

2 Likes