Sunrise

I agree that these shows sometimes go overboard with coverage of certain stories. Given the time of day the news of the death broke, the iconic status of the subject and people were waking up to the news, it’s understandable they threw out the running sheet to focus on it. No doubt the producers of Sunrise would’ve been aware if Today was getting a spike in viewers (e.g: via Fetch real time audience measuring) for their wall to wall coverage and decided they had to follow suit.

5 Likes

No doubt Sunrise was planning a big Comm Games final episode. Perhaps it took Sunrise a bit longer to get their coverage sorted to switch to more rolling coverage.

7 Likes

11/8/2022 Eddy is back presenting the news. Matt Shirvington is presenting sport this morning.

5 Likes

Friday:
Shirvo hosting with Nat today. He is also presenting sport.
Update: Katie Brown doing the grocery giveaway.

5 Likes

Interesting camera angle crossing to weather at around 5.45. Swept left from desk to Sam on the news set screen.

1 Like

8 Likes

The full team is back today.
Matt and Mon hosting, Sally on news and sport, JT doing weather. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

9am opener featured 2 stories which had already screened in the half hour prior (the Jenny v Steve story and the feature on ONJ).

Sunday:
Angela Cox filling in for Monique today.

Today they have re-introduced the “Say What?!” segment, though not true to the original where it was actually things people had said.
Pretty sure the voice that says the words “Say What?!” is Andrew O’Keefe.

7 Likes

The City-to-Surf used to attract an exclusive broadcasters with the race broadcast across the country. I suppose with the competition between the breakfast shows that won’t happen again unless 10 want to do a broadcast.

6 Likes

Is Michael who’s last name ive forgotten the reporter in the third from the last cap a freelancer? I only ever see him on Weekend Sunrise. He’s a excellent presenter i wish Seven would utilise him more.

He’s a Seven Sydney reporter since October previously 7 News Cairns.

5 Likes

He’s a lot of fun (mixed with the serious) from what I’ve seen on Sunrise.

1 Like

What has he presented?

He usually works on the weekends for example did a live cross on the Sydney City to Surf through out the Sunrise show this morning and a further piece on petrol prices on the Sydney news tonight. I’ve only ever seen him on weekends never during the week. He should be utilised more. As i have never seen him during the week i thought maybe he is a freelancer.

He has also done live crosses on The Latest every now and then, too.

Shirvo presenting sport from a standing position this morning.

Edit: 5.30/6.00am half hours in front of the main (7News) screens; 6.30am in front of the screens at the entertainment end as Kochie had just used the main screens for finance.

3 Likes

It looked so bad. Why would you have a square graphic that takes up a 1/3 of the screen? The entertainment area was better but again so dull.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I didn’t mind it.

1 Like