Sunrise

Maybe Mon will be Kochie’s replacement, if she is due to return from her break this week. Mixing things up could be good. Or one week each for Mon, Matt and Matt.

6 Likes

Angela Mollard back on NewsFeed today with Joe Hildebrand.
News was late at 8.02 because Joe talks so much lol
Reinforces the need to give a few more minutes to the segment.

3 Likes

Next week’s promo is better, promoting several stories and guests.The biggest improvement is that Kochie and Nat recorded it together, as opposed to individually.

In recent weeks, they have dropped the endtag with the group shot in suburbia and reverted to the terrible one from the Eveleigh promo shoot. They also have new slogan ‘start with Sunrise’. I know it is supposed to mean start your day with Sunrise, but every time I hear it, I can’t help but think of viewers starting with Sunrise then switching to the others if they don’t like what’s on. Maybe the message needs some clarification.

Should be “your day starts with Sunrise” or “start your day with Sunrise”

5 Likes

Some of Koche’s luggage went missing - he put an airtag on his bags. He’s in the UK - his backpack was 17,000 ks away :airplane:

9 Likes

Monday 27 June -

Sally Bowrey is presenting news this morning.

Michael Usher is hosting with Nat this week.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Koche appeared on this morning’s show with a pre-recorded interview with Chris Hemsworth.

7 Likes

Wednesday 29 June to Friday 1 July-

Monique Wright is back presenting news this week.

8 Likes

Good interview of NSW education minister regarding teachers strike. Musher had really done his research and asking the right questions. Didn’t just let the politician waffle. Haven’t seen that kind of interviewing in a while.

5 Likes

I feel like Nat’s interviewing has also improved somewhat recently. Less stammering and “ums” lately.

1 Like

They’re making quite a good team.

1 Like

Eddy mentioned on her Instagram today she was preparing to return to work soon,no date was specified.

7 Likes

If Kochie is the key to their success they should be making a big deal of his 20th anniversary as host of Sunrise (in its current form) when that comes around soon.
Not sure of the exact date he took over in 2002, but I do recall he was hosting at the time of the Bali bombings.
Would be good to have a week of flashbacks.

3 Likes

Nelson Aspen has resigned from Sunrise. Finishes up on the 15th July.

9 Likes

Jodie Speers staying late as a reporter today

Oh that’s sad. He’s been a great part of Sunrise :frowning:

7 Likes
10 Likes

Nelson has always been one of my favourites of the team, having such a long association with Sunrise is a great achievement and he will be missed!

With his announcement this morning it has got me thinking that Eddy could be returning in two weeks time.

11 Likes

Think you might be right…