Sunrise

Sorry it was a joke. Nat and Kochie mentioned it 3 times in the space of 10 seconds in the clip :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Begs the question: Why does the EP of a news show need a farewell package, anyway? Does the average viewer know or care who is running the show? A brief acknowledgement of his contribution on his last day would’ve sufficed.

15 Likes

How nice of him to write his own farewell script :joy: Also I think that’s the longest we’ve heard reach up for the sunrise play out for a long time!

4 Likes

Tweet has been deleted when you click on it…

1 Like

Does anyone have any footage/info of the NBC Today set broadcast?

Repost- seems to work

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1511857352877944834?s=20&t=5zfU5Q4D4o6G8mELjq9CRg

2 Likes

It’s still up. Not sure why it won’t click through from here.

2 Likes

I think he deserves it. He has done a very great job in his role and has arguably changed/influenced the breakfast tv landscape/format in australia

2 Likes

That is where Sunrise will be broadcasting tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/7NewsBrisbane/status/1511996343794819077?s=20&t=8reSvrFS6ER0_qgdjcqSyA

6 Likes

They probably should’ve aborted the Brisbane OB when it became clear earlier this week Sydney is going under for the third time this year. I suppose that would’ve interfered with Pell’s tropical farewell piss up. While they’re partying and pandering to the Queensland audience, Sydney viewers will be turning to Today for the latest information on the flood emergency.

7 Likes

Angie Asimus presented weather in Sydney as normal tonight, indicating that Monique Wright could be joining the team in Brisbane tomorrow to read the news. That’s if they bring a separate newsreader in the first place…

3 Likes

Sydney goes to Today, while Melbourne just tunes in News Breakfast :rofl:

3 Likes

Lot more to these sorts of OBs then just the whim of a trip.

I thought they just pointed a camera at the hosts on the day and hoped for the best. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

How? I think you mean Boland not Pell.

2 Likes

Many people do.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not the only reason it’s not a great week for it. Coincidentally, it was this time in the last Federal Election campaign when Today was doing a week of OBs in Qld. Morrison called the election and Today was decimated in the ratings as they tried to do rolling coverage from Townsville. Sunrise would be hoping it ain’t a busy news morning tomorrow.

1 Like

Friday (08.04.2022): Matt Doran is co-hosting with Nat this morning as they broadcast live from Brisbane. This is the first time he has hosted the weekday edition since late October.

Monique Wright is reading the news.

9 Likes

Matt was also part of the flood coverage from Brisbane earlier in the year so it’s fitting he is there today.

2 Likes
7 Likes