Sunrise

Probably due to the fact that his father is the Chairman at Nine Entertainment Co

3 Likes

Sunrise is starting to get the “team” feel back now with everyone back at the desk. It had felt disjointed this year with Nat and Beretts over on their own, and I’d missed all the fun and banter at the desk.

7 Likes

Sam really pushing her agenda again this morning especially on the Queensland border closure. She should focus on her own state’s politics first rather than another state.

5 Likes

A happy birthday to Samantha Armytage who turns 44 today.

6 Likes

I really think 44 is the perfect age to step away retire to the Southern Highlands :laughing:

6 Likes

Isn’t she lucky to have a long weekend to celebrate! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yikes the comments on that birthday post are less than flattering. Sam was really likeable on WS and somehow ruined that all when she transitioned.

4 Likes

Agreed. I loved her on WS, but her turn on Dancing with the Stars really turned me off her. And, I also got my back up when Pell took over Sunrise and was sending Mel Doyle on location at the drop of a hat, to have Sam in the chair. It was patently obvious he was angling to give her the hosts role (which of course is what transpired).
And, I literally haven’t watched a minute of Sunrise since Mel left.
From what I read though, her political ranting to Labor governments is becoming a regular feature, first Andrews, now Palaszczuk. I couldn’t think of a worse way to start the day than having a breakfast TV host ranting at me.

4 Likes

She’s hardly ranting. It’s during the Hot Topics segment when the three of them are putting their opinions across.

From this morning:

No Latham v Kennett today either, thank god.

6 Likes

Advertorial segment in commercial break for Brisbane only:

6 Likes

This, and Karl on Today (rightly imo) defending the Qld Premier, will only serve to consolidate Today’s recent lead in Brisbane.

9 Likes

Definitely. There is barely anyone in Queensland calling on the borders to be reopened.

3 Likes

The thing that makes my “blood boil” about the comments is they aren’t based in fact. So many of the things she said are not researched and inaccurate - basic journalism would suggest that if you are going to talk like that, especially to a national audience, that you get the information correct. Additionally it will always come across better if you acknowledge that others have different opinions and that it is not a black and while argument. Her credibility on all topics will be tarnished by this.

6 Likes

Exactly! even our state opposition leader is onboard with the border closures now

1 Like

She’s auditioning for Sky News After Dark, I can’t see Seven wanting to keep her around if she’s going off the hook like that against popular policies.

1 Like

Sadly, given that it’s happened a few times now, I’d suspect Michael Pell is encouraging it. Perhaps he fancies positioning the show as a local version of Fox & Friends…

2 Likes

Sometimes I just wish that Sam would do her job of presenting the show and moderating it rather than having a rant-fest about what she thinks or wants to do. No one cares about what she thinks and it’s not appropriate for a news program.

Pell is most likely allowing her to get away with this because they’re besties.

It just makes me frustrated that Today and News Breakfast is able to get a credible, likeable lineup going for them whilst Sunrise is like the trouble-making kid that no one likes. I don’t understand why can’t Seven just get a good team and a good show going for them like the others.

2 Likes

I agree, I think it comes down to the producers. If they are going to allow her to make those comments, they need to balance it with someone who will challenge her or call her out on them. I have switched off Sunrise (but not to a competitor) because I have found her become more and more smug.

Really ever since she complained about paparazzi intruding on her private life, yet signed a six figure deal with Weight Watchers (hows that going by the way ?). If you are going to endorse products like that you have to expect to share y

3 Likes

Same. Haven’t switched off completely but it’s not “must watch” or as enjoyable as it used to be. I’ve been a viewer since Day 1 in 2002.

3 Likes