Sunrise

4 Likes

That’s it @TV.Cynic :+1:

New face on Newsfeed this morning. Andrew Bucklow from news.com.au

New faces on Masters of Spin… didn’t catch their names.

2 Likes
3 Likes

A promo was shown during Seven News Melbourne tonight, saying you can win tickets to Harry Styles’ concert at Wembley Stadium.

EDIT 31/1: confirmed.

5 Likes

Why wouldn’t you put them both on the big screen?

8 Likes

The Seven Network is excited to announce Australia’s favourite weather presenter, Sam Mac, as the new host of long-running lifestyle program, Sydney Weekender.

The Sunrise star takes the helm of the travel, food and adventure show, which celebrates its 30th season in 2023, returning at 5.30pm today on Channel 7 and 7plus, and repeated every Saturday on 7two.

More …

3 Likes

Weekend Sunrise should rebrand as simply Sunrise. The weekday logo is used onscreen throughout WS, and in the opener except for the end slide, and often during the show.
Just call it Sunrise and have weekday and weekend teams… they work so well together and are interchangeable.

8 Likes

If they ran the same timeslot, I’d agree but I think it’s important to keep the distinction. NBC has two weekend brands (Saturday Today and Sunday Today).

2 Likes

The formats and locations are different through, Sunrise is basically the same on every day.

4 Likes

NBC Today Saturday is just branded as Today.

Interesting to see a comment on Sam Armytage’s latest Instagram post saying that they miss her on Sunrise etc., to which Sam replies “Stay tuned”. Could Sam make a comeback to television? Hope so. Might not be on Seven but I suppose we have to wait and see.

Hope not.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t that likely be referring to her role on Farmer Wants a Wife (assuming she returns to that show this year)?

1 Like

Her role on Farmer wants a Wife was irrelevant and seems she only appeared so her contract would be worth something. She should leave TV permanently and stay at her Bowral home.

4 Likes

Maybe a gig on Sky News after dark.

2 Likes

“Saturday Sunrise” and “Sunday Sunrise” would be better names

1 Like

I know commercial breakfast TV tends to cater to the lowest common denominator but I don’t think viewers need the day of the week spelled out to them.

16 Likes

Good on you former QF pilot Richard de Crespigny putting Sunrise back in their place with their recent story on the airline this morning.

Blaming QF for the turbulence :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

As he should the media as a whole have been a bit obsessed with Qantas lately unnecessary broadcasting every little thing that has happen even routine delays and aircraft issues that every airline has. They haven’t been doing the same with Virgin as much. Sunrise has participated in this alot like most other media outlets and it’s unnecessary.

A nice change from the free positive press that Qantas routinely receives from the media, including from Sunrise.