Sunrise

Early next year

1 Like

What’s with this in the 8am hour -

Kochie and Nat throw to Matt in Perth. Back to Kochie and Nat. More news with Mon. Back to Kochie and Nat. Throw again to Matt in Perth. Throw to Sam Mac. Back to Perth. Back to Sam. No throw, and Kochie and Nat back.

:thinking:

3 Likes

I think January 2023?

6 Likes

Friday 21.10.2022 Kochie presenting with Nat today. Monique on news, Eddy on location again.

7 Likes

Saturday 22.10.2022 Matt and Mon presenting today with Angie Asimus on news and sport. JT in Perth for telethon (live at telethon tomorrow).
First headline and news story was the heavy overnight rain in Qld.

5 Likes

Shocking numbers in Sydney:

2 Likes

How much VIC flood coverage did they do? I just don’t think people care about rolling news that covers places where they aren’t watching from unless it’s of national or international significance.

3 Likes

Very little…. Why?
It was mostly NSW/QLD weather related yesterday.

I answered the why in my comment.

Maybe people are just not interested in news from other states anymore unless it has a major significance on them where they are. Just throwing ideas out there.

One idea I had regarding ensuring Sunrise covers big news in each state but also keeping the other states happy is that maybe go local. For example:

If there are floods in QLD opt out of the national program and have the local reporters on the ground host for the QLD market (it won’t cost any extra as the reporters are out there anyway) whilst the rest of the country gets the normal version of Sunrise and updates of the QLD floods every 30 minutes. That way the rest of the country is still updated but aren’t having to watch rolling coverage of news that doesn’t affect them.

But Sydney numbers were very low yesterday? And there was very little coverage of news from other states, so your comment doesn’t make sense.

Yes, that’s why my original comment was asking if there was too much VIC coverage on Fridays show which could have possibly pushed the Sydney audience away.

I was just trying to see why Sydney didn’t like yesterdays show.

It’s not just isolated to yesterday

Yeah, I know. That’s why I’m questioning it.

With the very little (or average) coverage Sunrise provided of the Victorian Flood coverage earlier in the week compared to Today and News Breakfast, I don’t think that’s it… there was also no rolling coverage on Sunrise.

Breakfast numbers seem to be all over the place at the moment between all three shows. Wouldn’t surprise me if Sunrise is winning Sydney next week.

I didn’t see the whole show each day but there was quite a bit of Victorian coverage during the week including Friday, at least when I watched in the first 2 hours.
It was only Saturday that Qld featured as the top story.

1 Like

That was last weekend. From Monday they had Eddy on location with the reporters.

Bec was there on Monday and Eddie came on Tuesday… but in saying that it wasn’t rolling coverage. It wasn’t until Tuesday that Sunrise was on par with Today and News Breakfast. All three were providing a mixture of flood and normal news content (on the same level).

If Sunrise is struggling to accommodate local news between states, then the answer is local news inserts. I for one fully support this. But it all comes down to $$$.

Eddy filmed a flood story on Monday (looked like afternoon) which was shown on Tuesday.

1 Like

23/10/2022 Natarsha Belling is presenting the news and sport this morning.

4 Likes