Sunrise: 2016 Relaunch

Lighting is sensational. Really like the side desk shots that they have been using.

Not entirely convinced by some of the graphics but they’ve committed to a brand new look and have really pulled it off well.

3 Likes

Liking what I have seen so far… they really have thought about every element. It is quite a different look though. Set looks really good.

New Sunrise Opener, I agree with Travis, seems very American/NBC

6 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

they’re sitting too close together and the set is boring with its colours.

And I don’t care what you say, a lightning strike isn’t a top story.

3 Likes

Today changed up their 5.30 news hit this morning too doing it as they normally do the 7am hit with all three anchors doing stories.

3 Likes

Lots of Sweeping Camera shots

The graphics are very classy and TODAY like, obviously because they’re the same designers. I wonder how much say the designers got on the graphics, format etc?

Not a fan of the format we’ve seen so far. One of the good things about Sunrise is that i can tune in on the half hour and get everything I need to know about news, sport and weather in about 5-10 minutes. Sport only came on at 6.51 after an ad break. Hopefully this is just the beginning and it will change slightly!

Where is Nelson Aspen!!?

5 Likes

4 Likes

I think the white banner is too big, It takes up too much of the screen. I don’t like the use of both blue and black on it.
Also, white on orange is harder to read.

Local news to come?

5 Likes

One thing that is really getting to me is the font used on the supers.
The really condensed Ubuntu font, the normal font, and the really stretched out font.

2 Likes

The picture of Adelaide is in the afternoon not morning. The shadows are afternoon shadows… Lol.

1 Like

Set & graphics look great! Don’t really like the blue font in the super & the Sunrise logo\7 flipper, apart from that everythings nice :+1:

1 Like

2 Likes

In all honesty the entirety of the relaunch is ten steps back imo. Nothing revolutionary or modern about it.

5 Likes