Studio 10 (2015-2020)

A real shame they don’t do at least one throw to the newsroom for a headline update. Even if it’s within the last hour only where normally Morning news bulletins air…

5 Likes

But there’s no new bulletin until 5pm on Ten. How much is it going to cost them to put some one in front of the camera and put together all the news stories that early?

5 Likes

Only thing I don’t like about the guest host appearing at 9:30am is that you miss their opinion on hot topics. I think it is great mixing it up with a different person’s opinion each day, rather than just the usual team.

5 Likes

@Steven The guest panellist is still involved in some hot topics after 9.30am plus the red hot topics at 11am

‘ticker’ saying 'We’ve made some changes to our rundown based on your feedback.

1 Like

Surely there would be someone in the newsroom in the morning getting ready for when the 12pm news updates start, even if it’s not the main 5pm presenter. It wouldnt be much for them to be available for a couple of updates from day mid-way through the show.

2 Likes

@killy06 totally agree even if it was just Jess reading the main headlines of the day at the desk,doesn’t necessarily have to be reporters doing pieces to camera.

6 Likes

Plus they seem to have ditched the 9.30 opener.

2 Likes

Agree re the news headlines. Would love to see Jess doing this. I would love to see them simply put a plasma where the coffee bar used to be and use that for the news.

Also the opener is missing something since Damo left, the interaction with him and joe was great. Would be good if something replaced this, even if its just the floor manger or Jono there that he gives a Hi-5 to as he walks out

4 Likes

That’s a good thing. It was always weird doing intros twice.

Agree. I always thought so too but sometimes they didn’t contribute much to the hard-hitting topics and sometimes they were worried about voicing their own opinions.

1 Like

we can all have our opnions but its up to the producers on whats going to happen not us

Ita has been doing Tuesday and Wednesday of late, so he would have technically be filling in for Denise.

Ten aren’t committed to providing comprehensive news throughout the day, so it is unrealistic to hope.

Like this idea, seems more appropriate.

5 Likes

If anyone remembers the short lived show The Night Cap on 7HD Jess preformed this function on the show as well as being a panelist.

7 Likes

And @blackbox was EP of that show too I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

Oh, this is very interesting, perhaps a serious breakfast show? (You’ve already filmed an astounding pilot) But realistically, the new graphics you mentioned would tie in with a new set? Anyways, Studio 10’s future is looking good :+1:

6 Likes

Third times a charm?

2 Likes

Going by the Cyclone Debbie coverage, that special broadcast was miles better then the established breakfast shows, though I don’t see a new breakfast TV show from ten until their financial problems have been solved and if they invest in news again.

7 Likes

So why do you people keep asking? :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I must admit, the coverage was very down to earth and very informative, kudos to @blackbox for the long lasting coverage of Debbie.

4 Likes

Is there any reason the first 20 minutes of the daily episodes seem to be missing from TenPlay?

Oh I thought you were referring to Debbie Newsome!

1 Like