Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Surfers Paradise is only a ‘hive of activity’ during Schoolies. Gold Coast locals avoid it like the plague. There would have been more of a crowd around Broadbeach, Burleigh Heads or Coolangatta.

I know they’re promoting the NRMA Holiday Parks but the Treasure Island Park was a rather drab setting for the show. There are far more appealing locations.

2 Likes

Treasure Island, I’ve stayed there with school many many years ago.

Perhaps Dreamworld might have been a great setting? Tigers, roller coasters and crocodiles!

Since the accident last year, it’s been a ghost town and would probably love the publicity to a national audience.

1 Like

The whole trip is largely possible because of the Caravan Industry Association of Australia, which their consumer brand ‘Lets Go Caravan and Camping’ is a major sponsor of the show being on tour this week. This obviously means that they had to have some specific locations throughout the week to promote Caravan & Camping - no doubt under different sponsorship or circumstances there could’ve been a little more control over scouting alternative locations.

4 Likes

Wednesday

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Robbo always acknowledges “Sarah Harris” when the show is crossing live to him… “thank you Sarah Harris”, “that’s right Sarah Harris”… there’s only one Sarah! I find it quirky and odd :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That describes Robbo!
He does the same when Natarsha Belling is in the host chair. I do like Robbo: :joy:

4 Likes

Ang Bishop does the same when Sarah introduces Angela Bishop, its often “Thanks Sarah Harris”

3 Likes

True Angela does say that as well .
Talking of Showbiz it is being presented from the studio this week.

1 Like

Well, green screen studio. not the set

2 Likes

I’ve noticed Angela do it but it’s fine. I quite like it.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I went down for a quick look before work this morning to see the set-up. They really needed some more promotional advertising both for the show and the network so people knew what was happening down there because other than the Eyewitness News link truck parked behind a black van you really wouldn’t have known who they were or what they were doing there if you were walking past or in the area.

The audience section was really tight and there was also no seating for those who came down to watch with people coming down with their own camping chairs, I also saw some people taking some seats from the park area next to the Wheel of Brisbane.

Obviously this how they transported all of the set pieces and equipment to Queensland

11 Likes

Jess will be on leave next week.

1 Like

Obviously to spend the week with her kids who are on school holidays, her dad is looking after the kids this week. Most likely her regular fill in Jo Casamento will be on next week.

Carlotta visibly upset when they mentioned the breaking news about Cardinal George Pell being charged, totally understandable as she was a victim of child abuse herself.

3 Likes

Closing shots from today

9 Likes

Boo. A week with Jo Casamento. Looks like i wont be watching much next week

Long closer for the show today. For the first time IIRC the theme song actually finished the instrumental and started the lyrics again. Lol at Joe collapsing to the ground for waving for so long and Denise being heard saying " Go to commerical, go to anything just away from us!"

5 Likes

Sunshine Coast

1 Like