Studio 10 (2015-2020)

While the format of Wake Up was flawed, in hindsight I think the show probably would’ve benefited from higher profile co-presenters who even non-Ten viewers would’ve been somewhat familiar with (just like Studio 10 had/has).

2 Likes

I guess. James was the one who jarred for me.I think Wake Up should have been revamped with Matt Doran and Tarsh Belling, with Natasha doing social Media stuff.

3 Likes

Natasha was the original fall guy for Wake Up. There was zero chemistry between the hosts and she was probably more suited to a roving reporter role. Belling & Mathison were actually rather awful to her before she was given the punt.

She often appeared on The Project and the revamped Late News but had an on air mishap when she got a terrible case of the giggles during a story re children dying. More recently she was reportedly sacked by the ABC.

She’s actually very well suited to a show like Studio 10. She’s very witty and humourous.

5 Likes

IIRC, the original discussions on our forum was that Natasha and James were more suited to Studio 10 than Wake Up.

Good to see her back on Ten, of course, though.

Everything was wrong with that show - as I tried to tell Adam Borland before it aired. Such as the beach, the hosts, ect.

1 Like

well if only jens were running Ten, none of the current issues would exist!

2 Likes

Well you can only do so much when, before the show started, you tell Adam repeatedly that the show is just wrong, the beach won’t work, the laying the cable from Manly to Pyrmont is dumb, the hosts are wrong, and, frankly, they’d even be better off in a TEN studio with a screen “beach shot” than in the place they were building - and he just dismisses you straight away.

1 Like

It was, in hindsight, a very weird concept for a breakfast show.

I’m glad that Denise’s absence was acknowledged this morning. I hope she rests well and is in tip top shape before long.

2 Likes

@markkayne they also said yesterday she was sick but went into more detail this morning as you said.
Obviously moving into her new house has really tired her out.
I’m also missing Susie Eleman on the panel hopefully we will see her back soon.

1 Like

Maybe next week, Robbo could visit her as a “home viewer” one day, so she doesn’t have to travel to work.

agreed, they needed to acknowledge where Denise was as this is normally her week. Hopefully she rests us and is back in full form soon. So typical that they had to force her on sick leave haha. I love that Jess said today that Denise said she might make some curtains. No! Rest denise haha

1 Like

Does Denise do one week on one week off?

1 Like

@turdall Yes

1 Like

Does Ita do the same thing?

@turdall lta is on Mondays and Tuesdays every week.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Steve Price! Awesome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Must watch wednesday.

1 Like

did you all miss the sneaky Sarah snipe at Mornings? They were talking George and Amal’s twins and then ugly babies and Sarah said “send your gripes through mornings@nine.com.au

1 Like