Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Some infomercials are better than others. Janine started off shaky but now she’s confident - while I’m not interested in the product, I’ve enjoyed seeing her grow. Andre on the other hand - it’s nice of him to occasionally allow Jono to speak.

what happned to sarah in the last 5 mins of the show?

1 Like

I liked Jess as a fill-in host though - although it is pleasure to see Tarsh driving the bus. Love watching it whilst I work!
Great show @blackbox, thanks foor featuring me on Denise’s Grind Your Gears segment.

4 Likes

Natarsha Belling filled in for Sarah who was away sick on Thursday & Friday this week.

5 Likes

I’m imagining Sarah went home sick at the end of the show yesterday? If I missed the end of the show in the past, I was able to go on to TenPlay afterwards and watch the show. But now, there are only segments available to watch on TenPlay, not the entire episode. Is this a glitch or is it a permanent decision?

The segments usually go up first, followed by the full episodes after that.

That’s what used to happen. Now there are only segments.

Only yesterday’s hasn’t been uploaded yet, the 4 previous have. Maybe the episode uploader also went home sick.

Ah! Maybe the episode uploader is Sarah!

8 Likes

Times are tough at Ten so multitasking is essential. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

“Ten management have identified cost and revenue initiatives, renegotiation of major programming contracts…”

They bloody well better not touch Studio 10!!!

12 Likes

it’s making money, so it shouldn’t.

2 Likes

So did The Circle…

1 Like

But that also had a PR problem. Studio 10 is probably the only show making money for ten right now lol

2 Likes

Until that whole soldier thingo.

Didn’t they get the Bill O’Reilly treatment, with sponsors pulling their slots from the show?

A shame it didn’t win a Logie. That would have protected the show for sure.

4 Likes

It’s not that straightforward unfortunately. Ten’s most immediate issue is a cash flow one and a show like Studio 10 is low hanging fruit when it comes to making quick cuts that allow them to redirect cash into paying down debt as quickly as possible (the news division seemed to be the victim last time).

Of course it’s a terrible long-term strategy and means that the issue just returns again within a few years unless they manage break the cycle before the next tranche of debt falls due. It would be especially painful to see Studio 10 cut while they throw millions of dollars away on garbage like TBL.

8 Likes

is sarah off sick?

I finally caught up with the end of Wednesday’s episode. Jess did a very good job at hosting at the last minute. I love how she can be bubbly and lighthearted on the one hand, and then a bit more serious when she needs to be. Very talented. I hope Sarah gets better soon.

5 Likes

Yeah Jess has always been good in the hosting position and yet they never use her. Should Tarsh and Sarah be unavailable they should definitely being using Jess ahead of Georgia Love and Sandra Sully.

5 Likes