Studio 10 (2015-2020)

ha. The Studio 10 ‘inner circle.’

1 Like

Sarah makes a rare appearance on the front cover of this week’s TV Week. Inside she talks about her Logie nomination as best presenter and her baby plans (she reveals she wants one or two more kids, but at 36 time is running out).

1 Like

Jo Casamento filling in for Jess this week and Susie Elelman filling in for lta this morning.These two ladies are great fill ins both very knowledgeable bringing a lot to discussions.

1 Like

I think you mean “first” appearance. Looks like TV Week has finally had some sense to feature some those who people voted for as favourites in the Logie Awards rather than Home And Away every week. Grant Denyer last week and Sarah Harris this week is a good move.

1 Like

I wish her no ill will, but I generally tune out when J Cas is a panellist. She lacks the humility and fun of the others.

1 Like

agreed! Never been a fan of her, as other people here know.

1 Like

Agree. I’ve never been much of a fan of Susie but she is great on the show. She has a great mix of wit and intellect. I actually perfer her to Ita. Jo also has proven herself to be a good fill in for Jess.
Took me a while to warm to Georgia Love as I found her a bit over the top on her earlier appearances but she has really toned things down and fits in well.

2 Likes

Looks like we are going to have Jo Casamento for a little while. Jess is away on Holidays :frowning:

I wonder what happened to Gretel Kileen filling in on the show?? she was great!

3 Likes

I was watching the show this morning and they showed the video of the bloke that killed the old bloke live on Facebook. They obviously didn’t show the whole thing but I still think it went on for a bit too long. When they took it off you could see Sarah waving her hands to get them to stop showing it.

1 Like

Similar vision was played on yesterday’s 5pm news (I posted a comment in the Ten News Content thread). It was just too much and turned me off their news service.

2 Likes

I find it interesting that people are having the same reaction. I was just at the dentist and told them to switch it to ‘ABC Kids’. I can not watch any of it.

2 Likes

Denise and Robbo at the eater show :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t even recall there being a warning prior to them showing it and I was just waiting for them to stop it and my heart was racing thinking they weren’t going to stop showing it. The look on the faces of the panel showed they had the same reaction. It was disappointing.

The worst thing is this maniac is getting the attention he wanted from the media.

1 Like

It’s school holidays. More than disappointing, reprehensible. A couple of seconds or a couple of stills from the video would have been sufficient.

1 Like

There absolutely was a warning and from memory I think we even pointed out we wouldn’t be showing the actual moment.

6 Likes

It’s not so much the moment, but the gratuitous use of the “conversation” the killer had with the poor innocent victim. Have a chat to your news dept too, while you’re at it, blackbox. Really disappointing and a real turn off.

3 Likes

Ok, I withdraw that comment, I just didnt recall, but obviously there was.
Personally, I thought it was just way too much, I hadn’t seen it before because I had been avoiding it, but to see the old blokes face and innocence was heartbreaking. Jo’s shocked face showed this also as did Sarah waving for it to be stopped.

fair enough you think it was a turn off, but I believed it was worthy of a conversation with specific warnings (which we gave). And it wasn’t just TEN News that ran it, I saw it on Nine last night. That’s not a justification BTW, just pointing out that more than one network thought it was a story that should be run (I assume 7 ran it too but I didn’t see).

To me it opens up a whole conversation about the bad side of social media and what are the limits. Should livestreaming be stopped… or is abuse like this (which is in the minority) just something we have to live with?

It was a very shocking story, I agree with that, but the decision to run it was not taken lightly.

6 Likes

No one is denying that the story needed to be covered - and the broader use of social media for evil purposes - but how did you justify airing the entire conversation of that poor old man being approached, told to say the name of the next victim, and then within seconds being killed (thankfully you thought we didn’t need to see that). Give the man and his family some dignity.

1 Like