Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Channel 10 Melbourne just went to a Masterchef promo.

They just went to a Lineup now and joined the breaking news coverage.

2 Likes

I guess you could say that Studio 10 was JohnsonTV

7 Likes

Luckily he was covering his Johnson so it was JohnsonFreeTV. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@JBar poor Joe it must have been very cold in the studio …:laughing:

Excellent coverage from the team today.

8 Likes

All Caps Credit: @TV.Cynic

As I said before, today’s coverage reminded me of a pilot for a Breakfast show, we all know it won’t happen, but one can wish. I think a breakfast TV programme could be done in the same configuration as this morning. i.e Same hosts, set, angles, graphics. This could be a Weather and entertainment/social feed wall NOTE: We can see the blinds open, a rare occasion These angles are amazing!

I believe a Breakfast TV programme could be done, it could be done tomorrow. I know people say the breakfast market is crowded, but none have authority like Matt White. He’s not too serious but serious enough too outrun Kochie and Karl. Combined with Sarah, they are amazing. I would probably drop Sarah and replace with Sandra. Plus, imagine this as a set! Ten have the best setting of all 3 networks, but is underutilized. This shows in the amazing angles posted above. Anyway, exceptional work @blackbox

9 Likes

Ten saving money by not having air conditioning on :smile:

1 Like

That background is a lot better than green park and office buildings we usually see.

3 Likes

I wonder how it looked in video form. I’m sure @TV.Cynic is on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good idea, will put together something with the studio shots.

2 Likes

Mmm I actually like that pairing too.

1 Like

Showing presentation elements from this morning (sans any cyclone coverage).

14 Likes

Thanks TVCynic.

Fuck it, Ten need to do something like this. Just a basic little breakfast show from that set, with no adjustments. Call it Newsroom 10 (to tie into Studio 10 with a similar logo) and just do a cheap little three hour show. Keep the red theme, it’s distinctive.

And Sarah and Matt should absolutely be hosts. Ugh so good.

No patent pending @blackbox

13 Likes

I have been a huge advocate for Studio 10 expanding to 7am and running with that format. But having seen this little sample of Studio 10 being a “news” show - I agree with you.

I would actually watch this over the rubbish that Sunrise and Today have become.

A simple news shows. Matt & Sarah are GREAT!

No cooking, no cash cows, no soft stories - mostly live crosses and not so much reliance on taped & edited pieces to keep costs down.

No segment producers - no researchers - just news. In a light way. Use the wall for weather. Invest in American style traffic broadcast technology to be the first TV show in Australia to have graphic traffic reports - local news from each news room.

Cheap, simple show - I don’t even mind the name “Newsroom 10”

Just whatever you do DONT try to be sunrise & today. No roving weather reporter. No lifestyle pieces. A more live / social media driven news show heavy on traffic & weather and information

8 Likes

I agree, for a one off special broadcast, this was tops.

Turning it into a longer term production, keep it newsie - all they need to do is lighten the onair look a touch - the dark neon vibe is too Late Night and maybe remove the tie off Matt. Just a touch lighter but with the same hard news.

Also, a Ten Newshour in primetime with Sarah and Matt would slay it.

4 Likes

Ten did that in the later half of 2012. It was called “Breakfast”.

The unfortunate problem is that even a “cheap little” show is still going to require a lot of resources. I bet the resources that Studio 10 used yesterday were significantly increased yesterday in order to cope with 2 shows running simultaneously.
It’s not just presenters and set costs, there are crew both in the studio and on the road, producers, journalists, licensing, legal costs, graphics, sponsorship deals/advertorials… blah blah.

3 Likes

And a host who cost $1million ^

1 Like

This Friday’s entire show will be decided by spinning the wheel,last time it was very funny.lt will be a great way to end the week.

So many things wrong with that show though.

I’d just have Matt and Sarah doing exactly what they did yesterday. No frills. No expensive host. No special set. Just a show from the newsroom.

4 Likes

It all seems very logical to us. But the management at ten fail to see the value in this. Start off small. Promote promote promote. Keep chipping away just like Studio 10 did.

2 Likes

Nice on theory and I’m sure Ten would do it if it just required two people to sit in front of a camera, but there are a lot more resources needed behind the scenes to make those 2 hosts look good. It doesn’t just happen.

I’m not saying don’t do it but just saying to keep in mind that there’s a lot more resources needed than what we see up front.

7 Likes